passthrough output device grayed out

• Hi guys,

I would like my box to only output audio to spdif.

I have box with Android 5.1.1 in the digital sound settings I can select spdif only.

On libreELEC the option passthrough output device is grayed out, I am getting audio from my TV (HDMI) and my Audio Receiver (SPDIF).

Is there a way to have spdif audio only?

Thanks ! :)

• On libreELEC the option passthrough output device is grayed out, I am getting audio from my TV (HDMI) and my Audio Receiver (SPDIF).

Is there a way to have spdif audio only?

Thanks ! :)

Did you activate passtrough "Allow passtrough"?

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 30, 2017 at 3:06 PM).

• With "Allow passtrough" activated " Passthrough output device" is still greyed out?
    Try switching the "Audio output device" to see if it stays the same and don't forget to adjust the "Number of channels"

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 30, 2017 at 3:36 PM).

• If you're on Krypton you can forget about passthrough. Also if you're using an Amlogic box audio is output to all devices simultaneously.

Hi Guys! thanks for the help!

I do get audio simultaneously on SPDIF and HDMI :(

Is there a way to get the SPDIF output only?

I am 7.0.3.012g with device tree gxbb_p201.

The box is mxq-pro 4k (MXQ-S905-D16 VERSION 1.0 DATE: 151021 WIFI :realtek 8189ETV)

The option I have as output devices : ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, PCM
    ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI
    PULSE: DEFAULT, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

Any advice?

• "sync playback to display" is not enabled,

Any suggestion I should re-search on maybe the DTB file is wrong?

• Why?

You will only get passthrough with local files. Kodi devs claim that there is no way to properly sync audio/video with passthrough enabled for livetv. People report this is the same for streams as well.

Search the Kodi forums for the details, but it's just a lot of users pulling their hair out and devs claiming that working passthrough on 16 was just a fluke.

This alone will keep a lot of folks on Jarvis for quite some time.

• You will only get passthrough with local files. Kodi devs claim that there is no way to properly sync audio/video with passthrough enabled for livetv. People report this is the same for streams as well.

Search the Kodi forums for the details, but it's just a lot of users pulling their hair out and devs claiming that working passthrough on 16 was just a fluke.

This alone will keep a lot of folks on Jarvis for quite some time.

OK!

Thanks for the clarification!

• OK!

Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks you all! For the tips :blush: unfortunately it still grayed out.

The output configuration was set to optimized, I have tried to switching to Best and even Fixed but there was no change as suggested by Doug.

If I boot into android the output Device is: Android , audiotrack and not ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, PCM or HDMI.

Could it be my device tree?

• Thanks for the info Jaaxx,

For now Kszaq has said audio will be output simultaneously.
    In my case AML-MBAUDIO S/PDIF is not visible don't know why on Jarvins and Krypton.

I am thinking of the following hack can Kodi send the HDMI CEC MUTE after few seconds when Kodi loads?

why do you guys think?

Thanks