[solved]Hifiberry dac + light support

• Hi,

I bought the HiFiBerry DAC+ Light and I can't get it to work with libreelec (I upgraded to Kodi 17.0-BETA7).

Here is my config.txt :

Seems like it isn't recognised :
    LibreELEC:~ # aplay -l
    aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...

and my log : fbUN

Thanks for your help,

Edited once, last by ibwt (February 2, 2017 at 5:22 PM).

• I tried on the latest stable I had, then upgraded on LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.010, same result. I downloaded v7.95.1 but didn't have the time to try it.

edit : doesn't work either

Edited once, last by ibwt (January 30, 2017 at 6:05 PM).

• I tried Openelec, it didn't work.

I tried switching my power supply to a more powerfull one, it didn't change a thing.

I'm out of ideas to try and make it work.

• According to the infos on the hifiberry site the DAC+ Light uses a different DAC chip (ESS sabre) than the standard DAC+ (pcm5122). This means the hifiberry-dacplus overlay most certainly won't work.

Not sure what the correct dtoverlay would be, there doesn't seem to be any matching one in the official RPi 4.4 and 4.9 kernels. Better contact the hifiberry guys about that.

so long,

Hias

• I've got a DAC on a RPi B+ and a DIGI on a RPi 2 running without issues. So I would.
    1) Double check that the pins are seated correctly. It can easily be positioned one pin out.
    2) Install something like moode or runeaudio or volumio as they will set the defaults needed.
    3) If none of the above work, then the unit could be faulty. Post a message on the hifiberry forum for advise.

BTW: What RPi are you using it on?
    [hr]
    HiassofT Interesting information. I can't believe Hifiberry would have produced HW without the support
    ibwt Try the latest Raspian and see if it works on that