VirtualBox: failed to start xorg. is your GPU supported?

• Did you use the generic build? That one pretty much requires a real gpu with 3d drivers.

There is a "virtual" build out there that works with vmware's drivers but I don't believe it works with VirtualBox. And it is for development purposes, not for production because the gui can be pretty sluggish.

If you want to run LE in a vm for production you need to passthrough a gpu

• What hardware and software is this on?

I fired up the ova on a windows 10 laptop (intel cpu+gpu) with the free vmware workstation player and LE came right up

Edited once, last by aptalca (January 31, 2017 at 2:30 PM).

• On both my laptop and tower

Laptop

Tower

• These are the display settings of my laptop

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7500G
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x990A)

My goal is to record a tutorial of LibreElec. An other solution is to buy a hdmi cloner box or something. But i would realy like it to run in virtualbox. Can I use TeamViewer? Or other remote software?

Edited once, last by pacecal (February 4, 2017 at 8:39 AM).

• These are the display settings of my laptop

My goal is to record a tutorial of LibreElec. An other solution is to buy a hdmi cloner box or something. But i would realy like it to run in virtualbox. Can I use TeamViewer? Or other remote software?

Wait, are you still trying it in VirtualBox? Please read through the thread. It's been stated multiple times that it doesn't work in VirtualBox. You need to use vmware

Edited once, last by aptalca (February 4, 2017 at 10:57 PM).

• Hi
    I have the same problem with Intel NUC7I3BNK (Intel HD Graphics 620), but I have no problem with Intel NUC5i3RYK. (Intel HD Graphics 5500)
    Any explanation or suggestion?