Boot issue

• I'm having a bit of trouble with the 7.95 beta.

It works fine, but then after a couple of days or so, I get the following boot error:

*** Error in mount_storage: mount_common: could not mount /dev/sda ***
    ### starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can't access tty. job control turned off.
    #

Obviously because the system isn't booting, I'm not able to SSH in to have a look at what's going on.

I've tried doing a clean reinstall, which does then fix the error (but obviously then wipes all my userdata so I have to set up everything again), but then the problem rears its head again a couple of days later.

The other option which works is booting from a 7.03 boot stick, 'repairing' the installation and then doing a manual upgrade to 7.95, which at least saves all my settings....but again, a few days later, I get the boot error.

I'm running this on an Intel NUC 2820 with LibreELEC installed to an SSD, using the generic image.

I'm going to straight up admit that when it comes to bootmodes, I am an utter noob so I am going to sound pretty stupid on all this. What is driving me mental is how it's an intermittent fault - I'd have though if it was a boot issue, you'd get this on first boot or every time you reboot. Instead, it's fine, I can boot from cold, reboot etc. and then ping, one day the cold boot fails. I do not have this issue with 7.03.

I'm wondering though whether there is an issue with the NUC's boot mode settings in the bios related to UEFI booting etc? I think I've got legacy and UEFI boot enabled, don't know if I need to change this or even if I need to change something and then reinstall under the new boot settings? And yes, I have removed all USB sticks etc. so it is booting from the right drive.

As I said, I literally don't know what I'm doing at this stage so anyone who might be using a NUC or has encountered the same problem, please help and please do treat me like an idiot on this!

Edited once, last by deusxm (January 25, 2017 at 9:55 AM).

• Normally LibreELEC creates two partitions, the first being /flash (labelled System, normally device sda1) and /storage (labelled Storage, normally device sda2). What's odd about your problem is that it tries to mount your entire disk (/dev/sda) as /storage. Did you modify the bootloader in any way?

What's the output of "cat /proc/cmdline"?