Raspberry Pi: Bluetooth problems/enhancements

• Device: Raspberry Pi 2
    LibreELEC: 7.95.1

I'm currently just using KODI with Advanced Launcher for emulators. Mostly I'm just watching something, but when I have the time I'll play some emulator games, so I plug in my Bluetooth USB dongle. When I go to Settings -> LibreELEC -> Bluetooth, I see that Bluetooth is not enabled. So I run /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd to start the Bluetooth daemon (the Bluetooth menu could use some polishing but that's a diffrent subject).

Why is it that I have to manually start the Bluetooth daemon? It should automatically start when I plug in my Bluetooth dongle. It should also get started on boot if it's connected and automatically get stopped when I unplug the dongle.

P.S. Sometimes when I connect my DS4 (PS4 controller), the DPAD doesn't work or only works if I click DPAD-DOWN. I hope this will get better over time.

• Well fk me, I missed that option. Can't really test it right now because I'm not at home but I think that should work.

On another note, it states that if I enable this option (LE -> Services -> Bluetooth) it will disable in power saving mode. When will the power saving mode trigger and will it work like the PS4 in the sense that it disconnectes all Bluetooth devices like 10 minutes without input? And is it configurable (not the power saving mode but rather the auto disconnect)?

• Select the Bluetooth device on the Bluetooth menu and select "enable standby"

Sorry for asking but I want to know this and can't test it right now. Will this be configurable or will it use the controllers settings?

Also I don't know who you are, but you seem to be up-to-date with LibreELEC stuff. Do you have any informations if the Bluetooth menu will get an overhaul (like naming devices, ignorining devices etc) or whether my menioned problems with the DPAD are caused by the bluetoothd, bluetoothctl, bluez, kernel or Game Controller addon?

• Also I don't know who you are, but you seem to be up-to-date with LibreELEC stuff. Do you have any informations if the Bluetooth menu will get an overhaul (like naming devices, ignorining devices etc) or whether my menioned problems with the DPAD are caused by the bluetoothd, bluetoothctl, bluez, kernel or Game Controller addon?

It works great as is. Every other bluetooth connection I've seens works the same way.

For you PS4 controller have you tried remapping it in the controller configuration GUI?

settings --> system settings --> input --> configure attached controllers

• I don't really care about the DPAD problems in the Kodi GUI to be honest, since I would just start my emulator and in there it works perfectly - I just wanted to mention it since there might be some information I was missing.

I already configured it correctly in System Settings -> Input (which was really tideous since every time I move the controller the SIXAXIS input would be recognized).

The bluetooth menu is fine as it gets it's job done, but it sometimes show double entries, nameless devices without any useful information except MAC adress and looks ugly in comparison to the rest of the UI. It also misses some nice to have features like naming your device, ignoring/hiding devices completely, re-pairing automatically to a my PS4 controller if I connected it with the PS4, automatic USB recognision = connecting a controller via USB and then unpluging it and connecting it via bluetooth).

I will test the standyby settings when I'm home, I hope it is configurable :shy:

• We report whatever the device gives us. In the case of the PS4 controller it is just "Wireless Controller". This would have to be fixed in the upstream kernel driver.

My PS4 controller connects automatically once it has initially been paired.