IR stopped working after upgrade from 7.90.008 to 7.95.1

• Hello,

I haven't used my LE box for a while. The last time I remember was in November when version 7.80.008 was installed.
    Everything worked fine, including IR.

My did not really recognize which of the intermediate updates (.009, .010) or the current 7.95.1 ultimately broke the configuration, but it is definetely not working anymore.
    The box was running in unattended mode for TVHeadend recordings all the time, which is why I did not realize that something was broken until now.

Was there recently any change to the IR system that requires configuration changes?
    --- I scanned the GIT commits. There were quite a few regarding lirc, but I did not identify any commit with a discussion about potential config breaks etc.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Marcus

• I just updated from 7.90.* to 7.95.1 and got the same problem. It worked fine before.

No time to further investigate it at the moment. I will look into it tomorrow.

• As far as it seems, it's using /etc/lirc/lircd.conf.rpi as config file instead of the provided /storage/.config/lircd.conf
    A short tip on how to use one's own conf would be nice!

• I had the same issue. Upgraded last night from 7.0.3 generic x86 to 7.95.2 and lost all IR functionality.
    I have an old PC w/ Pentium Dual ore and onboard Mesa DRI G45. I'm using this real cheap IR receiver called streamzap and a Logitec Harmony 651.
    When I SSH in I could see the Streamzap IR dongle recognized using DMESG but using IRW it didnt recognize my commands.
    It is odd and i just restored back to current release...
    wanted to use Kodi 17 but after hour of jacking w/ it can't figure out the issue.
    Now working perfectly fine again.

I saw the LIRC toggle button in settings but this made no difference.
    Not sure what the solution would be?