I am seeing an issue with the beta build on the RPI. After a period of inactivity (several hours usually) when you wake the PI and immediately try to play a Live TV channel from the TV guide, it gets as far as the Dialog Busy turning logo and then freezes.
I have attached the full logfile. The point at which the first button was pressed on the remote was:
Moving further down, the log follows the user making they way through to the Channels list and eventually selecting BBC1
Further down the log it opens the live stream, displays dialogbusy.xml, freezes for 15 seconds, then terminates the process.
- 05:16:49.760 T:1354998688 DEBUG: PVRManager - OpenLiveStream - opening live stream on channel 'BBC ONE HD'
- 05:16:49.761 T:1354998688 DEBUG: opening live stream for channel 'BBC ONE HD'
- 05:16:50.258 T:1962606592 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
- 05:16:50.360 T:1962606592 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 31830848:160 0 KEY_OK_UP devinput (KEY_OK_UP)
- 05:17:16.187 T:1409282976 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 1409282976 terminating (autodelete)
- 05:17:16.188 T:1505674144 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 1505674144 terminating (autodelete)
- 05:17:16.192 T:1633670048 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 1633670048 terminating (autodelete)
Nothing was played on the PI after than but you can see in the evening the PI was unplugged by the power. This is here on line: 76134.
At this point, before the power was pulled, the dialog busy was still displaying on screen. I can see background processes were still running (weathermap).
Any help in identifying why this is happening will be appreciated. This is happening regularly. Full logs are attached.
I have looked into this a little further and I'm beginning to see that the cause of the issue started with with the DVB server not supplying a stream. In essance a server side error - not kodi.
The server side error was because I changed a setting that enabled multiple channels to play at once on a given freeview transponder and I forgot to restart the servers service. The server during this time was thinking there were tuners available when there wasn't.
With that now sorted, is it possible to introduce a "patch" or something into Libreelec that allows it to fail gracefully on stream errors? Maybe introduce a timeout or visible error message?