s905x how to remake complete instal when install already on NAND

• I am waiting on some clarification on this issue as well.

I have seen a couple of posts suggesting that you must re-flash the original android firmware first, and then proceed with installtointeral from sd card as usual. If this is the case, it would be nice to know why this is necessary.

• Can't you just use a combination of dropping a new .img.gz file in the /storage/update folder and / or re-setting to default in the libreelec settings addon?
    What's the issue with using the update directory?

• sometime update with .img.gz in /storage/update goes wrong ..... i prefer use a fresh install.....

now if must reflash android , i prefer to continue with install on SDCard.....

may be there is not much difference beetween NAND and SDCard (more faster ?)

• Install fresh start addon, wipe Kodi. New start. What else is really there that LE does besides Kodi? lol. Wipe the addons, userdata, etc, and you have a new LE.

Edited once, last by GeToChKn (January 18, 2017 at 9:03 PM).

• If you only want to wipe your data there's an option in LE Settings.

If you want to clean install a different version, follow instructions - create SD card with LE, go through configuration wizard, enable SSH, login using PuTTy and execute installtointernal. The script wipes user data partition before installing = clean install.