Problem in LIVE TV using tvheadend

• Hi,
    I report what I verified on my experiences with two Raspberry: RPI 2 and RPI 3.

I have Libreelec 7.0.1 with tvheadedn 4.2 on one and openelec 6.0.3 with tvheadend 4.0.9 on the other one having the same problem.

I want to switch on Libreelec then I think is the same problem but i want solve on Libreelec if is possible.

I report my problem:
    when I switch on the channels in DVB-T when I go from sd to HD I have only the audio switching and the video remain freezed on the last image of previuos sd chiannel. If I stop the stream and I open it another one working normally (that's is on free channles or crypted channels is the same)

I tried also to use one kodi 15 or 16 from windows pc pointing a tvheadend backend on the raspberry and thats not happen and working normally and good.

Then I think is a problem probably inside a libreelec (openelec also) and kodi.
    Considering that openelec and libreelec having different level of kodi 15 and 16 I assumed maybe is a problem on the OS, but I don't know because my trace on tvheadend dont report enything strange or different.

Do you know it?
    There are any solution for that?

thanks.

• Is the HD channel H.264 and the SD one MPEG-2?
    Do you have the MPEG-2 codec licence?

There is a bug on Jarvis where switching between software and hardware decoded codecs doesn't work.
    If you get the MPEG-2 codec licence this will be avoided.

You can also switch to a Milhouse nightly build which has a fix for switching between software and hardware codecs.
    LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)

• Is the HD channel H.264 and the SD one MPEG-2?
    Do you have the MPEG-2 codec licence?

There is a bug on Jarvis where switching between software and hardware decoded codecs doesn't work.
    If you get the MPEG-2 codec licence this will be avoided.

You can also switch to a Milhouse nightly build which has a fix for switching between software and hardware codecs.
    LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)

No I dont have mpeg2 license but I know Tvheadend provide to decode in passthrought.

Then I need to have the codec in HW?

[hr]

Debug log??

I try to get it and report here...

I need to get general or particular component debug like video? or is better a complete debug log?

Edited once, last by e_hal9000 (May 30, 2016 at 11:04 PM).

• I already get it ... and now with a license work fine. But I knew that can be working also without.

But ok and tnx for the reply.

I will use the log to report eventually others things.

bye