Request [pptp /L2tp ] VPN client in libreelec

• Hello;
    It's for a while that I'm using libreelec as my default player it is really good and very high performance and solved many problems in main kodi version in my Odroid c2 device with Amlogic S905 x64 cpu.
    but the main problem is that in my country Netflix , youtube even the movie database are blocked and filtered . so VPN access is needed for such services. The common vpn service is pptp / l2tp and Openvpn is blocked or very slow that can not be used easily.
    unfortunately the libreelec doesn't support L2TP vpn client,I have to use the default Kodi version in Ubuntu / Android. which has many bugs and problems such as audio Pass-through .please add the l2tp vpn client to libreelec or please add the root access to OS then we can install the needed packages.

Edited once, last by navid (January 13, 2017 at 12:25 PM).

• You already have root access in LibreELEC. A minor complication perhaps: the system partition is a readonly blob.

Also, LibreELEC has no package manager like popular Linux distros as Fedora or Ubuntu do. LibreELEC just runs Kodi, and in Kodi you can install addons.

• You already have root access in LibreELEC. A minor complication perhaps: the system partition is a readonly blob.

Also, LibreELEC has no package manager like popular Linux distros as Fedora or Ubuntu do. LibreELEC just runs Kodi, and in Kodi you can install addons.

Thank you for your reply
    Do you know any add-on for l2tp client?
    please do something this feature be available in libreelec ,its very simple to add and doesn't effect the system performance.
    Thank you in advance

• If it's that simple feel free to create and maintain the plugin yourself.

I was using xbian in my old raspberry pi B+ which let me install debian packages and i did install the required packages via its terminal.DNS server - VPN server and client - Cacti - Apache - php - ufw - owncloud - openldap -ffmpeg - was running on it too. i did use all of resources and nothing waste :angel: . it is still working and i just omit kodi service. :D

none of the other kodi distributions has the performance and reliability of libreelec for Odroid C2.
    okey sure. it seems that the libreelec is using debian. i'll try it.
    I did download the latest Debian Jessie too,hope to solve the problem of audio Pass-through in Amlogic S905 x64 chips.