v7.90.010 Rapi2.arm Problem VPN Hide.ME

• Hallo there,

i try to get connected with the OpenVpn and VPN Manger v2.1 and v2.4 to Provider Hide.me but it ever and ever and ever fails.

Other Provider i can connect instand and if i switch to Hide.me there is no chance. Can anyone help me or say that it's right and not running at the moment?

Log file is on Attechment.

P.s.; Running on a Raspberry Pi 3

BIG THX

• The problem is always the same: LibreELEC uses the LibreSSL library. LibreSSL does not work with Certificate that will expire after year 2038 on 32 bit operating system (such as Raspberry Pi, Raspberry Pi 2, etc...). The Hide.me Certificate will expire in year 2046.

Read here: LibreELEC
    Read here: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)

For now the only solution is to contact Hide.me and ask to have a new Certificate (CA) that will expire before 2038. Hide.me is "friendly" and I'm quite sure that will give you a new Certificate if you will explain the problem. So go on to open a Support Ticket on Hide.me website.

Edited once, last by outcave (January 11, 2017 at 12:48 PM).

• Hi,

Openvpn won't connect to IPVanishVPN now after i updated to the latest libreelec beta. The IPVanishVPN cert ends 2028 so I don't know what could be causing this issue.

• Hi,

Openvpn won't connect to IPVanishVPN now after i updated to the latest libreelec beta. The IPVanishVPN cert ends 2028 so I don't know what could be causing this issue.

Please provide a log: at the moment it is impossible to assess what hardware you are using, how you use OpenVPN (with vpn.manager? what version), and why connection fails.

Thank you in advance.

• Please provide a log: at the moment it is impossible to assess what hardware you are using, how you use OpenVPN (with vpn.manager? what version), and why connection fails.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, Yeah I'm using vpn manager on the raspberry pi 3. I just rolled back to the previous beta and all is working fine again. I've seen the posts concerning the cert date but IPVanishVPN cert ends on 2028. Also how do I upload the vpn manager log from a raspberry pi 3? Thanks again

• Hi, Yeah I'm using vpn manager on the raspberry pi 3. I just rolled back to the previous beta and all is working fine again. I've seen the posts concerning the cert date but IPVanishVPN cert ends on 2028. Also how do I upload the vpn manager log from a raspberry pi 3? Thanks again

According to Zomboided in another thread, VPN Manager version 2.4.3 fixes issues with IPVanish on LibreELEC 7.95.1 (beta 1).

To keep VPN Manager up-to-date, install the Zomboided Add-ons repository: repository.zomboided.plugins-1.0.0.zip