Update to LE failed

• I try to update from MH OE to MH LE and I have a total failure.
    The systen goes to a boot loop, not showing anything else than syslinux line.
    I use latest MH release and maybe this is the problem, i did not update using the update image from OE.
    Can I do something to repair?

Edit: Try with different HDD and using update image from OE, same result.

Edited once, last by livs (May 24, 2016 at 11:26 AM).

• Official Post

Start from a clean LE installation. You can always connect/mount the old OE drive to copy-back information if needed; assuming it's not the drive that failed.

• I start a clean install and it fails. I made the usb flash (with rufus) for both mbr and uefi and did not start.
    Just stop to root screen and reboot.
    In bios legacy usb is activated.
    Any clue?

It seams is a different problem: I start LE from hdd using usb with a different machine and it boots to libreelec.
    In my case the motherboard (MSI FM2-A55M-E33) reconise the hdd, but does not complete the boot.
    Try to find an explanation, but is not related to LE, unless some changes to boot sectors by update.

Edited once, last by livs (May 24, 2016 at 4:01 PM).

• I make a clean install using the HDD on USB and a laptop and it starts.
    Going back to MSI + AMD, it not.
    I put an old hdd with W7 and boots without a problem.

I read here: 3.95.5 AMD richland A8 not booting · Issue #3093 · OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv · GitHub that in the past it was a problem.

It is a bug related to AMD?

Hi,

same Problem... i switch from OE to LE with my MSI + AMD A6...
    know im in booting loop !!!!

where is the support ? ... OE works fine...

i need new hardware ? or i need to go back on OE ?

• It seam it îs a bug in msi bios vs kernel. I do not go forward as my MB îs dead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok... You think the A6 cpu working fine with le ?

I hate my msi board and i think ita a good reason to change my board ;)

Maybe i buy some asrock today

• Ok... What for cpu mainbord is good for me ? The system is only a client on my fullhd 3d plasma.. Without dvb reciever... This is outsourced to and local tvheadend server...

I have a fanless case for micro itx

• It seam it îs a bug in msi bios vs kernel. I do not go forward as my MB îs dead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a solution for msi and AMD which I find it sometime ago here: 3.95.5 AMD richland A8 not booting · Issue #3093 · OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv · GitHub.
    I think it was discussed somewhere else here, but i did not bookmark that page.
    I manage to revive my MB (an bios update fails) and clean install LE 7.5.1.

How to do:

- Make a flash USB with last LE image.
    - Edit syslinux.cfg to add radeon.dpm=0 at live line and installer line
    - Boot using flash and install LE
    - Boot again using flash and use live
    - As in this moment the hdd is mounted, edit the similar cfg file on the hdd to add same (radeon.dpm=0).
    - Remove the flash and reboot.

Any version update will work.

Sorry if this was detailed in other post.

LE: The solution was posted by #Milhouse here: thread-1814.html?highlight=boot loop
    -

Edited once, last by livs (February 10, 2017 at 9:10 PM).