Power on from remote

• Hello,

I am lookinf for a S905/S905X device who could power on from remote.

I have Beelink MiniX and the remote could not power on it.

Kind regards.

• My Minux U1 does. It's a bit pricey though. Awesome android box, but Kodi on any android box, or SPMC for that matter still has issues, libreelec doesn't like they do. I may find a cheap S905 box though to turn into a dedicated libreelec box and run my Minix for Android since it has good specs, and decent support from Minix. With the booting issues fixed, I've booted 20times in a row, watch 4K content, full passthrough to my Denon 6.1, etc. But I do want a box for some android things as well. lol.

• Hi

I can power on my Mini M8S II (see signature) with the original remote or a Logitech.

Thanks!

So is it possible to power on and off from remote?

I am using an external IR USB receiver with a different remote, could it power on the device? Coudl you try to power on or resume from a keyboard?

Best regards.

• Power on from remote needs to be supported by the U-Boot bootloader on the S905(x) box. Of my boxes, the wetek hub implements this properly: I can power down in Android as well as libreelec with the remote or by command line, and the box will power up again using the included remote control. The MXQ Pro will not power down in Android, but simply switch the HDMI signal off/on when I push the button on the remote. If I shutdown by command line or in Libreelec, the box will not power on again using the remote.

As far as I know, the S905 bootloaders do not support power on from USB devices (keyboards, external remotes).

• Power on from remote needs to be supported by the U-Boot bootloader on the S905(x) box. Of my boxes, the wetek hub implements this properly: I can power down in Android as well as libreelec with the remote or by command line, and the box will power up again using the included remote control. The MXQ Pro will not power down in Android, but simply switch the HDMI signal off/on when I push the button on the remote. If I shutdown by command line or in Libreelec, the box will not power on again using the remote.

As far as I know, the S905 bootloaders do not support power on from USB devices (keyboards, external remotes).

Thanks for the info,

So if the S905 bootloaders don't support the USB power on I could not switch on the device with my remote.

I think I will leave it switched on and power on/off the TV with CEC.

Best regards.

Since U-Boot is open source would there be a way to enable this for certain boxes and replace the current U-Boot with a recompiled one, possibly using the same patch as what is used by boxes that have this function working correctly?

• Since U-Boot is open source would there be a way to enable this for certain boxes and replace the current U-Boot with a recompiled one, possibly using the same patch as what is used by boxes that have this function working correctly?

Hello,

This will work. Where could I found the U-Boot sources?

Regards.