.rar movies won't show up in library

• happy new year y'all

The reason I'm posting this here even though it seems like a Kodi problem is that I read that this could be solved by enabling the setting "Support browsing into archives" located inside Interface->File list.
    This setting is not available in the latest LE Krypton releases (I'm using Milhouse's version from last night) or at least I can't seem to find it. Is there any other solution?
    To clarify, I have a few movies in my movies folder, most of them show up and are played correctly, however there are two that are named correctly but contain a video split into several files. These won't show up in the library.

Also, on another note: is there a fast way to update the library from the home screen in the default skin? There was a shortcut in each menu entry in Kodi 17 but it seems to be gone in 18.

Thank you

I'm running a RPi 2 btw

Edited once, last by Achus (January 1, 2017 at 3:36 PM).

• If you are using Kodi 18 you should expect issues. As Kodi 18 is 100% bleeding edge at this time.

I guess your problem is not rar-related. It's more, that this:

"however there are two that are named correctly but contain a video split into several files."

so the split into several files, might be the problem. For that the naming has to be different. See:

Naming video files/Movies - Official Kodi Wiki

If you did the naming correct, then please get us a logfile which shows the scanning.

• Hey thanks for replying.

I checked the file names: one of them could cause trouble but the other one is perfectly named. There's a .nfo file that matches the first .rar name and then 90 more files that are numerated.
    I was using Kodi 17 with a LE build from a few months ago and I had the same problem, I updated thinking it will fix it.
    BTW these compressed files split into different rar seem to work just fine with series. I have a few episodes of different shows that are arranged in the same way and are displayed correctly.

This is all the info regarding one of the problematic movies in the log file:

Code
    11:25:40.151 T:1873802144 INFO: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : 'home/achus/cosas/movies/The Neon Demon (2016)/the.neon.demon.2016.1080p.bluray.x264-alliance.rar' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: Lookup of /The Neon Demon (2016)/the.neon.demon.2016.1080p.bluray.x264-alliance.rar failed with NFS3ERR_ACCES(-13)"'
    11:25:40.151 T:1873802144 WARNING: GetDirectory: rar lib returned no files in archive nfs://192.168.1.14/home/achus/cosas/movies/The Neon Demon (2016)/the.neon.demon.2016.1080p.bluray.x264-alliance.rar, likely corrupt
    11:25:40.152 T:1873802144 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting rar://nfs%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.14%2Fhome%2Fachus%2Fcosas%2Fmovies%2FThe%20Neon%20Demon%20(2016)%2Fthe.neon.demon.2016.1080p.bluray.x264-alliance.rar/
    11:25:40.153 T:1873802144 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'nfs://192.168.1.14/home/achus/cosas/movies/The Neon Demon (2016)/' as not in the database
    11:25:40.153 T:1873802144 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir nfs://192.168.1.14/home/achus/cosas/movies/The Neon Demon (2016)/

I also just found out that I can't even play the files from Kodi, neither browsing with the file manager or from the Videos section. I can however access them and play them just fine over the network from my PC, so they are not corrupt.

thanks again!

• Why don't you just unrar them, then add just the movie itself to where ever you want. ?

Yeah I could, but I also need to keep the original rar files and that's double the disk space for every compressed movie I ever get. I'd rather find another solution that won't make me give up that much space.

• Yeah I could, but I also need to keep the original rar files and that's double the disk space for every compressed movie I ever get. I'd rather find another solution that won't make me give up that much space.

Ok, it's up to you if you keep the rar files as well. I'm not sure why you want too.