Tvheadend nightly builds for LE

• yes I switch soon to provide addons for LE10 too, we have just 3 different addon archs at LE10 so its much easier to provide addons for everything

RPi0-3 are likely staying a lot longer at 9.2 for now so I keep those builds for some time

• First post to this thread but read through most of it. I have a PI4 with LE 9.2.6 and the stock Tvh addon, but getting issues with live TV. I would like to try the latest build.

Am I correct in understanding that RPI4-service.tvheadend42.3-3-1906.zip is the file I should be downloading?

And if so, do I just do a regular install from .zip file as I would with any other addon?

• yes I switch soon to provide addons for LE10 too, we have just 3 different addon archs at LE10 so its much easier to provide addons for everything

RPi0-3 are likely staying a lot longer at 9.2 for now so I keep those builds for some time

Any news on this?

• We are currently pulling the final changes to LE10 so it is soon now much more reasonable to build it at all.

We had unexpected package bumps of ~200 packages at LE and another 800 coming so its currently difficult to provide something without frequently rebuilding everything.

• We are currently pulling the final changes to LE10 so it is soon now much more reasonable to build it at all.

We had unexpected package bumps of ~200 packages at LE and another 800 coming so its currently difficult to provide something without frequently rebuilding everything.

Thanks for the update!

• ping CvH

how much beer(s) I need to "sponsor" to see a TvHeadend -ge (greater than or equal) 4.3 for the shiny new LE (after it's released) ?

but be aware 8):

- I got NO paypal account and won't get one, so only your bank account delivered via PM are an option for sponsored beer(s)

- the amount of beer will be limited, cause I'm "the poorest - in any sense - JoeAverage on earth"

- beer(s) should be shared with other LE-/Kodi-Developer's in your surroundings to encourage "community-based beer-induced brainstorming's"

DigiBit R1, NUC8i3BEH

Edited once, last by JoeAverage ().

• What you mean by lack of further development?

it is far less then before, perexg was a monster in that regard, there were no substantial fixes for while now
    currently there is nice stuff at the prs but not merged yet like the HDhomerun emulator

I uploaded some testbuilds to the usual location.

Tvheadend nightly builds for LibreELEC

ARMv8 for RPi4 and ARMv7 for RPi2/3, these addons are working for AW and RK too.

thats Tvheadend 4.2 not 4.3

mine is 4.3 like the tile of that thread might spoiled :)

thanks for lightning fast support !!!

well, my question was more focused on internals then "outer" numbers.

anyway:

addon installs fine on last LE-nightly.

needed to disable the elder addon from nightly (4.2)

- if one stumbles on it: both addon (4.2 + 4.3) are "sharp" if it wasn't a fresh/clean/new LE-nightly-install (will test that too...) -

just running a new tvh-setup with 4.3 ... and I'm really curious if it will fix my crash bug too...

stay tuned !

DigiBit R1, NUC8i3BEH

• - Hooray -

the addon runs well since >1h (tested on Generic LE nightly-20210222-d8710b2)

usually with the default 4.2 watching Sat-TV kodi would have been crashed, so it seems it fixes my crashes [1]

also my Continuity Error's stay low, too (currently 3), usually they blow up (> 100)

!!! Thanks !!! :cool:

- where is your PM with your bank account, CvH ? -

the only thing I can see is that the Web-IF logs nothing (see attached screenshot) until epgdb kicks in, while /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend43/service.log shows entries (tail -f in an terminal).

- not that dramatic for me -

I'll investigate further and if all stays well, I'll update my bug reports.

[1]

my bugs:

VideoPlayer segfault · Issue #19152 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

and

Kodi crashes watching Sat-TV · Issue #17531 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub