Boot from usb desktop not working

• [font="Arial, sans-serif"]Good afternoon,[/font]

[font="Arial, sans-serif"]i installed LibreELEC on my usb thumbdrive.[/font]
    [font="Arial, sans-serif"]In my old laptop (HP) the usb boots and LibreELEC starts without any problems.[/font]

[font="Arial, sans-serif"]In my pc i cannot get past the first line (linux etc etc). Please see the attachment.[/font]
    [font="Arial, sans-serif"]PS: i copied this attachment from a youtube video. It is the simular message i see on my pc accept the copyright dates are different).[/font]

[font="Arial, sans-serif"]This is my config:[/font]
    [font="Arial, sans-serif"][font="Arial, sans-serif"]CPU: AMD E1-1200[/font]
    [/font]
    Graphics: Radeon HD7310

I have my pc connected to my tv with HDMI.
    Tried 3 thumbdrives, tried all usb ports. Alle thumbdrives work without any problems on my old laptop.

Any ideas?

• If this can help you, that happened to me twice.
    First time is when using cheap usb thumbdrive.
    Second time was when trying to install on Skylake based cpu with with builds with Kernel below 4.4.2(which is not your problem here).
    I would try with a respected brand usb thumbdrive and also try doing this before preparing the usb with LibreELEC(start at #4 with Diskpart and be careful selecting the right usb thumbdrive and not your harddrive at that part, select disk #usb thumbdrive#) .
    If it doesn't work i would try without the graphics card installed to see if it boots.
    Which LibreELEC file are you using for your install?

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 25, 2016 at 7:47 PM).

• A. If you have a HP/Compaq computer you need to hold either esc or f12 during POST to get the boot menu, then you will see the thuimb drive.

B. Mine won't show on the HDMI screen after GRUB screen I MUST attach a VGA monitor for the install. This happens with Linux and Windows installs with my Radeon HD 4350. I am not sure if its an AMD thing or not, but everytime I have asked on forums nobody has heard anything of the sort.

I have to do the install with both monitors attached then make the HDMI primary, the last time I did that on Linux I had to leave the VGA attached but turned off. Right now I'm giving LibreELEC a shot, had to attach the VGA to see the setup. Thats as far as I've got so far.

Yes, I know this is an old thread, but GoOgle sent me here while searching for a similar problem. Maybe now someone can benefit.
    [hr]
    I got libreelec installed to a USB, boots on VGA. Black screen on the HDMI, how can I get dual screens with libreelec?

I am taking a wild guess that Linux is supporting the VGA natively but can't find a driver for the HDMI, even though they are on thye same card.

It is an old HD4350 card that does not support DX11. I was hoping to run Kodi 16-17 via LibreELEC on the PC. My RPi 1B is too slow for me and it keeps crashing/freezing up. Kodi 16/17 is much faster than 15.2, but they crash unless you have DX11 in Windows. Linux 14.xxx will not run either.

I have a bunch of old PCs, but they still work and I have no money for new equipment.

Edited once, last by donbrew (July 16, 2016 at 3:51 PM).