Install on Hard Disk, old x86 (WiFi,NFS Server)

• Hi.
    I want to re use a old notebook x86, and install Libreelec on that machine....
    I read some post, and its possible (i think).
    But, i have this question
    1-its possible use just Wifi??
    2-its possible do a NFS-Server?? (or is just a client?). I need the NFS-Server, because i want use this machine like a NAS....

Thats all :)

Thanks to all, and sorry for my bad english...

Edited once, last by 9acca9 (December 27, 2016 at 4:02 AM).

• Kodi, the application in LibreELEC, relies heavily on graphics performance. An old GPU without any video hardware acceleration does not help with a good user experience.

It's possible to just use wifi, as long as the wifi module is supported and working properly. But using wifi on a file server is overall a bad idea IMO.

Kodi + LibreELEC is designed as a client application, not as a fullblown server. So there is no NFS server installation addon. Use a standalone box/pc for that. You can run Ubuntu Mate on a Raspberry Pi (with external drives) and use NFS server from there, it will be cheaper on your electric bill as well.

Or install Ubuntu (and NFS) + Kodi on the laptop.

• Ok thanks.
    I install Libreelec, and yes the wifi is working but... i go sleep, and today keep on this.
    So... there's no way to install NFS server?? And Samba server??
    Libreelec is based on what distro?? i can install with, apt, pacman... or...? or will be to complex?

in the other hand, can install arch server, or ubuntu server, with some xserver??? to run kodi, a mean. You know something about this?? or i need the full desktop?

(againg, sorry for my english).
    Thanks.

• Ok thanks.
    I install Libreelec, and yes the wifi is working but... i go sleep, and today keep on this.
    So... there's no way to install NFS server?? And Samba server??
    Libreelec is based on what distro?? i can install with, apt, pacman... or...? or will be to complex?

in the other hand, can install arch server, or ubuntu server, with some xserver??? to run kodi, a mean. You know something about this?? or i need the full desktop?

(againg, sorry for my english).
    Thanks.

LibreELEC is a standalone, built from scratch embedded linux distribution. It is not based on any pre-existing distro.

There is a samba server built in.

If you need package management then perhaps LibreELEC isn't for you as it's sole pupose is to run Kodi

• Ok, i will use samba server from libreelec... i need something with a "beatifull app" to access from cellphone android, that's why i think in Kodi. (with order, easy control and search, especially for music).
    thanks to all!