Problem with large pictures

• Hello all,

it seems that I have a problem with LibreELEC version 7.90.009.
    Here is my system configuration.

Rasberry Pi 3B connected over ethernet to
    Qnap NAS TS-239 Pro II
    Phillips TV connected over HDMI to the Rasberry
    The sources for audio, video and pictures are connected with smb from LibreELEC to the NAS.

On the NAS I have three types of jpeg's. From a Nikon D50, a Nikon D90 and from a Nikon D750 (fullframe).
    The jpeg have the following sizes:

D50: 1 MB to 3 MB
    D90: 5 MB to 10 MB
    D750: 10 MB to 16 MB

All jpegs are created with the highest quality from RAW-pictures.

I can see the pictures from the D50 and from the D90 without any problems.
    With the pictures from the D750, I have problems. First of all it takes a long time if I switch into a directory with D750 fotos. Sometimes KODI freezes and I must restart the rasberry. Sometimes KODI switches back to the home screen. Sometimes I can start with one foto and then KODI freezes or retrun to the home screen.
    If I switch on the debuging and the component output I can see all the fotos. It seems to work. Strange!

Have somebody an idea how i can fix this behavor ?

Best regards and peacefull christmas
    Udo

• Large photos need to be processed by Kodi, and to have a Raspberry Pi (0-3) do that processing (IMO) is not the most ideal tool for that.

Which resolutions are the photos for each camera?
    Can you upload an example of a photo somewhere, that is freezing the RPI system?

• Large photos need to be processed by Kodi, and to have a Raspberry Pi (0-3) do that processing (IMO) is not the most ideal tool for that.

Which resolutions are the photos for each camera?
    Can you upload an example of a photo somewhere, that is freezing the RPI system?

It is a fulf frame camera with the resolution of 6016x4016. I can't upload an explame because I recieve an error message "Entinity too large". The size of the photo is aprox. 13 MB.

• Downloaded a couple of photos from Google with that resolution, sizes are 2, 10 and 20MB. Will test later.
    [hr]
    So far no issues on a RPi-2 box as well as an Intel Generic Box, both are on 7.90.010.
    On the RPi-2 the pics do take time to load, and the transitions are slow in a slideshow, but no hiccups or freezes here.

• Downloaded a couple of photos from Google with that resolution, sizes are 2, 10 and 20MB. Will test later.
    [hr]
    So far no issues on a RPi-2 box as well as an Intel Generic Box, both are on 7.90.010.
    On the RPi-2 the pics do take time to load, and the transitions are slow in a slideshow, but no hiccups or freezes here.

Sorry for the delay, but I check the problem twice. It seems that I have found the solution for my problem.

Everything works fine, if all thumbnails in the desired directory are created and I see not only the name of the photo but the name and the thumbnail. If the thumnail exists I can see the photo on the TV. If no thumbnails exists and I select such a photo, the screen of the TV becames black, KODI goes offline and then follows a restart of KODI.
    I have directories with hundred or more with this large photos, so it takes a while to generate all this thumbnails.

Thank you for your effort!
    Best regards

Udo