Playing DVDs on a remote optical drive across the LAN

• I'm running LE 7.90.009 on a Raspberry Pi 3. I'm wondering if it's possible for it to play DVDs from the optical drive of my Windows 10 PC.

Of course, I could buy an external optical drive and plug it directly into the RPi, and there are all sorts of ripping options, but I thought I'd explore this possibility first.

The PC is a desktop Windows 10 device. The RPi can read video files from the PC's hard drive quite easily: I've got HaneWin running on the PC and it creates NFS exports which are mounted on the RPi. I can create an exported NFS folder for the internal optical drive, and the RPi can see that, but it doesn't recognise that it *is* an optical drive, or give me any option to play a disk that I put in it (or at least not as far as I can see).

Is there a way to make this work?

• The whole DVD menu item that appeared on Confluence when inserting a DVD into an internal drive works differently in Estuary. Or better yet, doesn't really work. You can start up a DVD movie via the context menu of the mounted dvd disc, but it's not very elegant. If this will work the same with mounted NFS locations, I have no idea.

I'm waiting for some answers on functionality towards DVD discs/drives in Estuary & Kodi 17.

• Context menu on the source does give me a "play" option, but it doesn't do anything! It obviously just identifies it as a network source rather than as an optical drive.