RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• I've uploaded a custom build 20161214:

Code
    - Compiled for Atom X5 or higher (-march=silvermont)
    - Uses drm-next kernel with new HDMI audio patch for Cherry Trail / Bay Trail (should work with multi channel PCM now)
    - No nvidia/amd drivers
    - Updated packages: beetle-psx-libretro, retroarch, mupen64plus-libretro, mesa, glupen64-libretro
    - Rebased on latest LE
  • Hi Esacalade,

Does your latest version include the nvidia legacy driver (340)? I get issues with 300 and 370 versions... and when I tried the udev rules to force load legacy dtiver it gives me a black screen.
    Thanks for the latest build.

Bibi

• Well i dont know if its your build which doesnt have the driver (340 not 304) or if its my udev rules which doesnt work anymore for any other reason.

Code
    cat /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules
    ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="pci", ATTR{class}=="0x030000", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x10de", ENV{xorg_driver}="nvidia-legacy", TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="[email protected]"
    [\code]

Edited once, last by bibi (December 14, 2016 at 3:31 PM).

• I've uploaded a custom build 20161214:

Code
    - Compiled for Atom X5 or higher (-march=silvermont)
    - Uses drm-next kernel with new HDMI audio patch for Cherry Trail / Bay Trail (should work with multi channel PCM now)
    - No nvidia/amd drivers
    - Updated packages: beetle-psx-libretro, retroarch, mupen64plus-libretro, mesa, glupen64-libretro
    - Rebased on latest LE

Thanks for Atom X5 build !!!

Happens to have this one lying around. :)
    (I used to try with your generic builds but it got freeze sometimes. Hope this custom build will do better.)

• I get some random freezes on boot with Tronsmart Ara X5 plus. When it boots everything is fine though tested video playback and gaming. I think Cherry Trail is simply still not well supported by upstream Linux. The HDMI LPE audio patch is not even in drm-next yet. There's also some issue with power management and CPU frequency scaling.

• hey escalade..

is it possible to add steam to your generic build?! if you dont want to add it to bloat your build, maybe setup a script kinda what chrome does to download/install it on the user side?

thanks,
    t

• I get some random freezes on boot with Tronsmart Ara X5 plus. When it boots everything is fine though tested video playback and gaming. I think Cherry Trail is simply still not well supported by upstream Linux. The HDMI LPE audio patch is not even in drm-next yet. There's also some issue with power management and CPU frequency scaling.

I do have Tronsmart Ara X5 too (non plus version.) Very disappointing on Windows 10's performance.

Try to make this box more useful with LibreELEC and Linux (Linuxiuam builds). :)

• 20161215 (Generic):

Code
    - I now optimize for Atom (-march=silvermont) by default, it's only a few more optimizations up from the default x86-64 so should be safe for most
    - Linux 4.9.0
    - Built with GCC 6.3.0-RC-20161214
    - xf86-video-nvidia 375.26/340.101

I've added a drm-next build as well for Cherry Trail / Bay Trail devices. It's exactly the same except for the drm-next kernel with updated HDMI audio patch and without nvidia/amd drivers.

• I just tried to update the generic x86_64 build from the dec-12 version to dec-15 and am now getting a kernel panic on startup:

kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x0000000b

• 20161215 (Generic):

Code
    - I now optimize for Atom (-march=silvermont) by default, it's only a few more optimizations up from the default x86-64 so should be safe for most
    - Linux 4.9.0
    - Built with GCC 6.3.0-RC-20161214
    - xf86-video-nvidia 375.26/340.101

I've added a drm-next build as well for Cherry Trail / Bay Trail devices. It's exactly the same except for the drm-next kernel with updated HDMI audio patch and without nvidia/amd drivers.

Updated to new drm-next build for Cherry Trail but no picture comes out.

LibreELEC and other services seem running ok. With xrandr I got this

Now I'm back to previous Atom build.

• No I don't, why do u have any issues? Vnc works fine here. LE doesn't include vnc normally only my build or addon.

i dont think the issues are related to your build, its more of sql db problem with all devices in my network, which are also not the same version or build lol.. other than that, i notice vnc stopped working since a while ago, not sure which update broke it.. will try with a clean install tomorrow if i manage to get some time