RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• As for launching apps, try using XBMC.RunScript which is what I switched to as XBMC.System.Exec was causing problems (don't recall the details right now).

Check your es_systems.cfg and verify that the command to run Dolphin is correct, I might have forgotten to change it back after switching to Dolphin standalone again.

If you simply read the first post, which you already should have done, the instructions on how to get the logs are provided there.

I wasn't sure which logfile was relevant, so i just attatched the .zip containing them all

I began by turning on logging in settings=system-logging

Then I launched ES and tried to play several games from various systems, no games would launch no matter the system selected

Then I launched Chrome successfully from my home shortcut

Then I launched Spotify and tried to play some songs

this is the entry in es-systems.cfg:

<system>

<name>wii</name>

<fullname>Nintendo Wii</fullname>

<path>/storage/roms/unraid/wii</path>

<extension>.gcm .iso .wbfs .ciso .gcz .elf .dol .dff</extension>

<command>/usr/bin/dolphin.start -e %ROM%</command>

<platform>wii</platform>

</system>

please verify the appropiate command using "XBMC.RunScript*what goes here?*" for ES, Spotify, Chrome, RetroArch

I'm not sure if it should be pointing to a .sh, a .py, or a "-start"/".start" command

anything else I can provide to troubleshoot this, please let me know, and thanks again. Just an additional note... the behavior was the same with ES and Spotify on fresh install of LE as well as after installing my personal build. :thumbup:(just eliminating that as a factor)

• UknowEtheG

Have you set the correct ALSA device in asound.conf?

Code
    ################################################################################
    # ... output of cat /var/log/dolphin.log
    # LibreELEC release: Generic.x86_64-devel-20180720
    #
    ################################################################################
    sh: xdg-mime: not found
    ALSA lib /storage/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.6/src/pcm/pcm_dmix.c:1099:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
    what():  Invalid argument
    Aborted
  • Spotify, Emulationstation and Dolphin log all indicate not having set asound.conf as described on the first page. RetroArch log indicates that you are trying to use Vulcan, which isn't supported with an nvidia card in this build.

• 5schatten  escalade

I have now set the asound.conf:

My VM has the Nvidia GTX 1050Ti video and audio passed through, and I have an additional Intel onboard soundcard passed through. BTW this Intel soundcard output works perfectly with Kodi. I entered the correct alsa device as 2.1 to match my speaker setup in asound.conf.

This did not improve Spotify

Unable to tell if sound is working in games because I am still unable to launch anything from ES.

..... So what command can I set in Kodi as custom shortcut to launch RetroArch? I think the gui can be used to change driver in RA settings to OpenGL?

Otherwise, how to edit and what file via ssh/samba?

I'm still not getting Dolphin to open and remain open. Crashes after a second or 2. I need that to remain open to use the gui to set OpenGL again, otherwise, how to edit what file via ssh/samba

Can I request a list of suggested Kodi shortcuts added to OP, commands to directly launch:

1. Emulation Station

2. RetroArch

3. Dolphin

4. Chrome

5. Spotify

• You can edit /storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg and change video_driver to gl. As for Spotify, it does work here just checked. I'm currently in the middle of a rebuild, so expect a new release tomorrow you should try that.

• Here is a current log, and the following behavior:

the latest LE8Remix.img in downloads

LibreELEC is able to boot as VM in UnRaid with only GTX 1050Ti video passed through, and onboard "ALSA: HDA Intel, ALC262 Analog" passed through and detected as only available sound output device in Kodi settings. Working as expected. All Kodi functionality is working as intended. Sound, Video, very fast smooth experience. :thumbup:

I did change the video_driver to "gl" as suggested in the retroarch.cfg file. This made it possible to play a game on all systems I have roms for. Except for the Wii and GameCube titles. I can see Dolphin launch when selecting a title from ES, but it crashes almost immediately(a second after the gui appears, it crashes and goes back to Kodi)

Also, there is no sound in gameplay. So I think i need to re-examine the asound.conf file, now that I have eliminated the GFX card audio outputs to simplify those available to the VM(only the Intel audio out)

Also there is no sound output in Spotify. And it continues not to play songs. from any playlists. Occasionally, while skipping through a large public playlist, song after song, it will come across a song that has a video attached to it. those songs, as well as short video advertisements, will in fact play. i can watch the progress bar move as expected for a playback. But no sound. and then skipping to next song makes it return to not playing anything successfully and jumping along to the next song. An error appears along the top of the screen, I will attach a photo to show shortly

Thank you both escalade & 5schatten for both your works, and your help and support. I come from years of android development(please see Bliss) and a few years of Kodi experience. As well as some Windows based emulation. Former owner of Raspberry products. But I appreciate your patience so much because LibreELEC and ES/Retroarch/Dolphin are not my fortay at all.

• New generic image uploaded. Relevant changes:

• As long as there is not native 64bit steam client available it's not possible since steam needs Multiarch 32bit libs.

I managed to launch it with docker, but only one time...

I don't know why but second run always do a black screen, so I need to delete dowloaded data and relaunch it every time like a fisrt run with data download, so I give up

• That's why I build my debian docker to run UltrastarDX, PCSX2 and some windows apps with wine32

but for steam I have a issue after steam closing with personal data, I can play a game just once...

If someone else manage manage to make a steam docker working with libreelec it would be great

• escalade

Moonlight seemed to be the easier option for me since I could also take advantage of the way higher graphics power of my desktop system & I can use it on RPi as well. But yes I know you already did this with PCSX2 but I was to lazy to setup the whole docker thing just for one use case.

• Depends on what you're playing. I play games like Skyrim, Witcher, Kingdom Come: Deliverance or strategy stuff like Civilization. What kind of games do you play that suffer from high input lag? I have some Sega classics & Metal Slug in my lib but of course I prefer mame or genplus to play them straight on my HTPC. Also if I wanted to play recent games that would be basically impossible with my i3 & IGP. But of course if you have a top spec HTPC and play fast shooters and stuff a native steam environment is superior.

• Every game suffer from input lag, even strategy games although they would be playable. Any fastpaced game is unplayable for me. Pressing a button should result in near instant action. Having to send the button press to the remote computer, then wait for the updated screen to be sent back is obviously not a good solution.

• Every game suffer from input lag, even strategy games although they would be playable. Any fastpaced game is unplayable for me. Pressing a button should result in near instant action. Having to send the button press to the remote computer, then wait for the updated screen to be sent back is obviously not a good solution.

Probably true but I guess it's a highly personal experience how much input lag you're able to take. Btw is this file necessary for anything? I'm playing around with your pcsx2 implementation and see if I can get it up and running. You have ditched your onboard docker & only the docker addon is needed? As far as I can tell you start pcsx2 like every other non-libretro emulator beside it runs within a docker container?

LibreELEC.tv/pcsx2.sh at le82 · escalade/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub