RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• hi, I tried to install it, and it works except I can't make my controller to work while playing. It is an original duelshock3, I connect it with usb. I can navigate Kodi and emulationstation but when entering a game it stops working. I used SSH to find retroarch's config file, but I can't edit it because it is read only. Please help!

Thanks!

P.S.: Is the file I found the config file for all emulators I have, or just some of them? Also, can I install a terminal emulator on my machine? Thanks! BTW, it is a really great project!

• gwire

You ask the author/community of your skin, not me.

Sure no problem I will. The emulationstation.sh file does not execute the program when I select it. Does making a shortcut to the file alow it to execute the ES program? Also I can not get the psx & ps2 roms to launch. ps2 are ISO files. Everything else works fine ( Nes, SNES, Genesis, GBA) I believe because they use retroarch cores. Sony use a different engine. Any help or direction on getting Playstation 1 and 2 to work would be appreciated. Forgive my inexperience. TY

Edited once, last by gwire (November 8, 2017 at 12:47 AM).

• I can't get my DS4v2 controller working in retroarch no matter what I try.

This post claims I just need to set an env var, `SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG`

but I have no idea how to do that in this build. Can anyone help?

• treas0n

Simply hit F1 and configure it.

I see in yellow text that the DS4 controller is recognized but unfortunately all keyboard commands fail to work when the ds4 is connected. It's super strange. Exactly like meldrak is describing here:

so I have another issue, DS4v2 is working fine in Kodi, Emulationsation and Dolphin

but if I launch any game with a libretro core neither pad, neither keyboard works so I can't hit F12

keyboard works if DS4 are disconnected ????

You replied to meldrak talking about a new bluetooth controller / libre elec bug? Is that still the advice?

• I see in yellow text that the DS4 controller is recognized but unfortunately all keyboard commands fail to work when the ds4 is connected. It's super strange. Exactly like meldrak is describing here:

You replied to meldrak talking about a new bluetooth controller / libre elec bug? Is that still the advice?

If you have the same issue as me, it's not a bluetooth bug, but new DS4v2 is not reconized as DS4 (vendorid)

you'll have to do a new configuration file, in anothzer linux/retroarch and export it

or simply use mine, it should work for you too

extract the cfg file in "Configfiles\retroarch\autoconfig\"

and modify Configfiles\retroarch\retroarch.cfg at line "joypad_autoconfig_dir" to have

joypad_autoconfig_dir = "~/.config/retroarch/autoconfig"

• I need to load a custom seccomp profile using --security-opt in the docker run command for a container. For this to work it says here that the kernel needs to have CONFIG_SECCOMP enabled and Docker needs to be built with seccomp. I don't know about the kernel, but I think the current Docker addon isn't built with seccomp because I get this error :

Code
    docker: Error response from daemon: linux seccomp: seccomp profiles are not supported on this daemon, you cannot specify a custom seccomp profile.

Would it be possible to enable seccomp for the Docker addon?

• Can someone help me to get my Playstation 1 and 2 games working. Been searching for days. Nothing specific on this issue especially this custom build. Do I have to add a bios? where is the bios for ps2 located? what type of roms do I use? I can clearly see, in the es_system.cfg file, all the game specific file types for the roms. ES will recognize the file but does not run the game. What am I missing? Is it simply the file type I am using for roms? or , do I need to configure something? Where do I begin to trouble shoot? Can not run psp, psx, ps2.

• I had the same issue of the keyboard not working in Retroarch until I switched off the DS3 controllers.

Every time I connected the DS3 controllers again I got a Retroarch message (in yellow) of the controller getting connected.

After following @dtw_2000 steps here I got both controllers working again, and that also solved the keyboard issue getting non-responsive if the controller is connected.

One question. What is the back button (back in the menu) on the keyboard in the Retroarch menu?

Edit: strange I didn't find this before, it is: Backspace

Edited 2 times, last by RomMon: (link to steps from dtw_2000) (November 21, 2017 at 10:02 PM).

• Meldrak you rock! thank you so much

• You don't need to modify the joypad_autoconfig_dir, reason being that /tmp/autoconfig is an overlay of both /usr/share/retroarch/autoconfig (system autoconfig files) and /storage/.config/retroarch/autoconfig (user defined).

• I can not get psx, ps2, and psp to work. I tried everything. it would be great if you can show how to do that or point me in the right direction or even let me know if it can be done. What type of files for roms? Do I need a Bios and where do I put them? Do I need to do anything in the PCSX2 folder? I already tried putting bios files in the /roms/bios folder. I have no idea where to trouble shoot for this build. Thank you