RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• I'm new here and need some help, I've installed the image via USB onto my htpc, bit I can't find retroarch, and when I click on the emulators tab I nothing happens, can anyone help me please. Thanks

• Is emulationstation suppsoed to work ?

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
    what(): locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
    Aborted (core dumped)

Retroarch works, if we had multiple emulators using standalone executables could prolyl use Rom Collection to load the games but hmmm
    Emulationstation is supposed to be great why it doesn't work straight off the bat.

Edited once, last by highkick05 (May 16, 2017 at 6:41 AM).

• magnet

Sounds like you've overwritten your /flash/config.txt and removed dtparam=audio=on which is needed for sound on the rpi. Fix it or do a clean install.

Sbc1

Most likely same issue as highkick05

highkick05

Yes, everything in this build is supposed to work. Looks like Emulationstation broke in the last build, I can reproduce here as well. Will investigate and fix. My build machine is off and I'm at work, so probably won't be until tomorrow.

RetroArch is a frontend for libretro cores, which is basically standalone emulators. You can launch every emulator in this build individually, that's what Emulationstation does.

• highkick05

Yes, everything in this build is supposed to work. Looks like Emulationstation broke in the last build, I can reproduce here as well. Will investigate and fix. My build machine is off and I'm at work, so probably won't be until tomorrow.

RetroArch is a frontend for libretro cores, which is basically standalone emulators. You can launch every emulator in this build individually, that's what Emulationstation does.

cheers, will wait until u done. i got a bit unlucky first time I try it
    I'm also having way too many problems than it's worth getting controllers to work within retroarch. gee wizz, I had about 4 controllers connected at once
    mouse, keyboard, cordless rumblepad 2 AND xbox 360 controller with bluetooth.
    when I finally got through all of the menu and launched a game, no controller at all in the game rofl
    [hr]
    do u archive older builds ? might be worth it. wish I could find one

Edited once, last by highkick05 (May 16, 2017 at 12:04 PM).

• Sounds odd, the 360 controller should be auto detected in retroarch AFAIK. I can recommend a DS4 which I have configured and tested.

I don't archive older builds as I use my gdrive which is space limited.

• Sounds odd, the 360 controller should be auto detected in retroarch AFAIK. I can recommend a DS4 which I have configured and tested.

I don't archive older builds as I use my gdrive which is space limited.

yeah ahh nothing to do with the mapping or the actual controller , all to do with bluetooth in libreelec picking up (searching) for bluetooth devices. my bluetooth dongle doesn't have a button on it to start searching devices. So had all of this plugged in . You can imagine what my desk looekd like eventualyl with all these things connected , cables everywhere , just to get it working. *scratch head in madness*.
    [hr]
    the enter key on keyboard stopped being the 'select' button in the menu after i plugged in my cordless rumblepad 2 and selected 'make all controllers work in menu".
    was freakin weird. not one button in the retroarch menu'ing selected a god damn menu/sub menu item. I piss farted around with the rumblepad for about a day, then gave up. plugged the mouse in and enabled mouse in menu. after this, i could click on menu items and go into them but had to use the keyboard left/right to go across the top tabs. got into a game and nuthin worked on controller. even tho it picked it's name up and all the button's were correct. lol

Edited once, last by highkick05 (May 16, 2017 at 1:49 PM).

• In the config.txt is included the code. What else can I check?

• Sounds like you messed up your config, delete /storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg and try again. And I'm not sure what you mean about bluetooth I never heard about pressing any button to pair, mine works fine through LibreELEC menu, or through bluetoothctl CLI utility.

• Sounds like you messed up your config, delete /storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg and try again. And I'm not sure what you mean about bluetooth I never heard about pressing any button to pair, mine works fine through LibreELEC menu, or through bluetoothctl CLI utility.

strange, yeah most kodi systems I've seen the paired devices will just show up
    np , will give that a shot b4 I do anything else.