RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Does the Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus support 3D playback? (yes, see edit below)

I have a Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus with 'LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170621' installed.

My TV is a Samsung UE40D6530, which does support 3D (using active glasses (SSG-3050GB)).

With the RPi3 I can watch a movie in 3D (for a minute, until the cpu gets too hot, and starts to throttle).

But with the same settings, 3D playback in not working on the Tronsmart.

3D settings (default):

- Settings > System settings > Display > Stereoscopic 3D mode / Current > Disabled

- Settings > System settings > Display > Prefered mode > Same as movie

- Settings > Player settings > Video > Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos > Ask me

- Settings > Player settings > Video > Disable stereoscopic 3D mode when playback ended > selected

I'm happy with the Tronsmart, I do miss CEC support enormously (found that Pulse Eight has a solution for that).

3D would be nice, but can easily live without.

All other (Live-TV, iMon display, external HDD, ...) is working better than with the RPi3.

Escalade, thank you for this build.

Edit (2017-07-21):

• 3D:

Got 3D playback working. On Kodi I keep the default selection, and it will output 'side by side' Stereoscopic 3D mode. On the TV (e.g. using '3D' button on the remote, or via menu) also select the 3D side by side option. And it should work.

• CEC:

Received the 'Pulse eight CEC usb adapter', and it works great.

Edited 2 times, last by RomMon: 3D working, CEC adapter super solution. (February 22, 2020 at 6:52 PM).

• I noticed this in your previous log: "09_Journal-cur.log:Jun 28 08:20:21 LibreELEC systemd[559]: brcmfmac_sdio-firmware.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/rpi-btuart: No such file or directory"

This could be an indication to what's going wrong, seems related to the bluetooth interface. Could you compare with the working build? Does the service start correctly there?

Also I've uploaded 20170705 which is a full rebuild with busybox reverted and no libevdev (I don't think that's it but just to exclude that too). If it still doesn't work play around with the rpi-btuart script see why it's failing. Also check that the bluetooth service didn't get disabled in libreelec settings.

• I noticed this in your previous log: "09_Journal-cur.log:Jun 28 08:20:21 LibreELEC systemd[559]: brcmfmac_sdio-firmware.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/rpi-btuart: No such file or directory"

This could be an indication to what's going wrong, seems related to the bluetooth interface. Could you compare with the working build? Does the service start correctly there?

Also I've uploaded 20170705 which is a full rebuild with busybox reverted and no libevdev (I don't think that's it but just to exclude that too). If it still doesn't work play around with the rpi-btuart script see why it's failing. Also check that the bluetooth service didn't get disabled in libreelec settings.

Good news! 20170705 has working internal bluetooth. However, without the libevdev you build into 20170615 my ps3 controller is no good with reicast again. Atleast it's working again though.

I can roll back to 20170615 if you still want these logs to compare?

• I uploaded a new build with libevdev, can you check again? I'm surprised if that ends up being the issue, can't quite understand the relation to bluez or the rpi-btuart script.

• kall

I've located the issue (CONFIG_BASH_IS_ASH wasn't enabled in the updated busybox config), this caused rpi-btuart which uses #!/bin/bash to fail.

20170708 uploaded:

• kall

I've located the issue (CONFIG_BASH_IS_ASH wasn't enabled in the updated busybox config), this caused rpi-btuart which uses #!/bin/bash to fail.

20170708 uploaded:

Thanks mate. Got there in the end and seems to work well.

• 20170710 uploading:

Code
    ffmpeg: update to f58e5b9
    kodi: update to 80844fd (pre 17.4-rc1)
    dolphin: update to dcb4386
    vulkan-loader: update to 1.0.51.0
    curl: update to 7.54.1
    wpa_supplicant: update to 2.6 for compatibility with openssl 1.1.0
    openvpn: update to 2.4.3 for compatibility with openssl 1.1.0
    libssh: update to 0cb2974 for compatibility with openssl 1.1.0
    kodi: use mariadb instead of mysql
    openssl: update to 1.1.0f

SABnzbd users may need to remove certificate/key in /storage/.config/sabnzbd/admin to get new ones regenerated if https isn't working.