RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Hi master,
    about this issue

Hi master! Just a quick question....
    Your script for libretro-database download only the existent files.
    I done some mods into .dat file and created a new .dat file but to use it with Retroarch (to perform game scanning) I have to compile it in .rdb.
    But... how to do that? Any suggestion?

I solved whit this:
    go to retroarch/libretro-db/ and run make there to compile just the converter
    this creates the c_converter binary that can be used like ./c_converter file.rdb file.dat

Now I'm trying to compile mame2010-libretro.
    According mame2010-libretro/README.txt at master · libretro/mame2010-libretro · GitHub I done this:

but compilation fails with

Code
    src/emu/hash.c:125:18: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
     #include <zlib.h>
                      ^
    compilation terminated.
    Makefile:838: recipe for target 'obj/retro64/emu/hash.o' failed
    make: *** [obj/retro64/emu/hash.o] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

could you help me?
    Thanks

• The error is clear, zlib.h not found. It should already be present in your toolchain, so you'd have to revise the makefile and compiler options to make sure the include paths are correct.

• Thank you for awsome work escalade!

A question.
    My kodi always set my resolution screen too big (or spanned it, dont know)... i set it right with Kodi, but ES seems to get settings from somewhere else, because picture is out of bounds

I tried with ES option -w X -h Y, i played with overscan in config.txt, but it doesnt work.

Than you

Edited once, last by jayfkay (June 5, 2016 at 11:16 PM).

• My mind reading does not work on long distances, so you'll have to tell me what hardware you have and post logs :) In any case, sounds like you need to adjust your TV to "just scan" 16:9 or something along those lines. Normally, Kodi and Emulationstation should pick the optimal resolution for you (normally 1080p). There aren't any resolution options in ES as far as I know, it will just use whatever your X server is set to.

New builds are online, worth an upgrade for anyone who has any DVD files in their library as it's now supported again.

• My mind reading does not work on long distances, so you'll have to tell me what hardware you have and post logs In any case, sounds like you need to adjust your TV to "just scan" 16:9 or something along those lines. Normally, Kodi and Emulationstation should pick the optimal resolution for you (normally 1080p). There aren't any resolution options in ES as far as I know, it will just use whatever your X server is set to.

New builds are online, worth an upgrade for anyone who has any DVD files in their library as it's now supported again.

I have RPi3, thats why i thought i could change something in config.txt of the system and Kodi and ES would pick it up.
    But the resolution was always the same (wrong), either on arm or x86, so i guess it is the TV.

I'll try both suggestions, make logs and come back with what i find out.

Thank you

• The error is clear, zlib.h not found. It should already be present in your toolchain, so you'd have to revise the makefile and compiler options to make sure the include paths are correct.

I tried without success.
    I have to renounce. I'm not able to create a package.mk for mame2010.

• I have RPi3, thats why i thought i could change something in config.txt of the system and Kodi and ES would pick it up.
    But the resolution was always the same (wrong), either on arm or x86, so i guess it is the TV.

I'll try both suggestions, make logs and come back with what i find out.

Thank you

I feel kinda stupid...
    Kodi does get the right resolution for my TV, but the screen goes out of bounds. So my first reaction (always) with this TV was to set overscan.

Now I selected the next smaller resolution, perfect fit, ES gets the resolution from kodi (perfect fit) so its OK, sort of... i gues.

My tv is lg 47lb630v. I got the same behavior from kodi 15? onward. This is on the Kodi part, not libreelec, right?

• lollo78

Why would you anyways? The core hasn't seen an update in over 6 months, mame/mame2003 is a better choice. I prefer mame2003 as it displays a better picture, aspect seems off with mame.

jayfkay

If your TV supports 1080p and Kodi is set to 1080p it should look correct. If it doesn't you need to adjust your TV.

• Hi Escalade,

I have tried LE with dosbox core but without success.
    Even if I just manually run the following:

LibreELEC:~ # /usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/dosbox_libretro.so

The output in retroarch.log is the same:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Did you success with the current core version in LE?

• It works for me on Generic (Intel). The dosbox core is not really that mature anyways, it has an issue with the keyboard autorepeating and there seems to be a problem with some games copy protection (Little Big Adventure 2 does not find CD even if it's mounted). I'll probably package up the regular dosbox with sdl2 at some point.

• It works for me on Generic (Intel). The dosbox core is not really that mature anyways, it has an issue with the keyboard autorepeating and there seems to be a problem with some games copy protection (Little Big Adventure 2 does not find CD even if it's mounted). I'll probably package up the regular dosbox with sdl2 at some point.

Ahh, that might be the case. I'm on RPI3. Anyway, thank you for your answer.

• Why would you anyways? The core hasn't seen an update in over 6 months, mame/mame2003 is a better choice. I prefer mame2003 as it displays a better picture, aspect seems off with mame.

I use mame2003 too (Mame romset 0.78).
    I would like to try mame2010 and create for the libretro community also a database .rdb/.dat for romset 0.139u4 (used in mame2010).
    Could you help me for the package.mk?
    Thx

• Hi

What would it take to compile This version of Libreelec for Odroid C2?
    I tried, and it fails (I think at the end) with
    Odroid_C2: no project.mk file.

Thanks

P.S. I can compile the normal version of Libreelec

• lollo78

I have no interest in that for the same reasons as mentioned above, mame2010 was updated last november 2015. If you want to create packages you need to put in the work yourself, I can help you if you have a specific question. There is a ton of similar packages already that you can look at and learn from.

pandaadnap

My tree have a lot of packages not present in upstream LibreELEC, I'm only testing with RPi3/Intel. Always include a full log, the error you mention is not the complete error and does not indicate what went wrong.

• pandaadnap

My tree have a lot of packages not present in upstream LibreELEC, I'm only testing with RPi3/Intel. Always include a full log, the error you mention is not the complete error and does not indicate what went wrong.

escalade

Thanks

Tail of logs is

• Hey Escalade, your build works really well, loving it! :) I'm using it on a ASUS Chromebox (2955U) hooked up to a LG TV (47LM640S).

I'm having some issues having smooth vsync in emulation, I've only tried N64 Super Mario, it plays just fine at 60fps, but there's a little bit of stuttering (not smooth enough) and I think it's related to the refresh rate setting in Retro Arch, the estimated refresh rate is N/A and I'm not sure how to find the best refresh rate for my LG TV.

Having 60fps the game should be smooth as butter, but that's not the case, when rotating Mario for example you see tidbits of stuttering on the backgrounds, it's kinda annoying.

Any tips? :)