RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• output from devel-20180211 (currently working)

Code
    BroStation:~ # dmesg | grep cir
    [    4.493374] nuvoton-cir 00:01: found NCT6776F or compatible: chip id: 0xc3 0x33
    [    4.565473] lirc lirc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (nuvoton-cir) registered at minor = 0
    [    4.565493] nuvoton-cir 00:01: driver has been successfully loaded
  • So it's found on both kernels, just a matter of lirc_dev using another driver. I'm no expert on this, but I suppose it's just a configuration issue. I didn't actually test my infrared as I don't use an IR remote just checked that the CIR driver was loaded.

• I've uploaded a new avx2 build which has systemd 237. Been working on adding meson/ninja which is required for some projects now (like systemd) and also makes compiling faster.

• 5schatten

For some reason, after upgrading to systemd 237 I also had issues starting Spotify. I've now switched to starting my additions with python scripts which seems to work better. Perhaps you can give the new build a shot? It's uploading soon.

20180218:

Code
    linux: update to 4.14.20
    kodi: update shortcuts to use python launchers
    oem: add python launchers for my additions
    libinput: update to 1.10.0 and switch to meson
    systemd: update to 237
    e2fsprogs: update to 1.43.9
    alsa-lib: build from git
    emulation: bump dolphin and ppsspp-libretro
    retroarch: update to 71b423c and add some fixes
    xf86-video-intel: update to 5c7e4e0
  • 5schatten

For some reason, after upgrading to systemd 237 I also had issues starting Spotify. I've now switched to starting my additions with python scripts which seems to work better. Perhaps you can give the new build a shot? It's uploading soon.

20180218:

Could you point me in the direction of what python script to launch Emulationstation + Retroarch? Not using vanilla skin.

• Hi Escalade,

Thanks for your work, I have been enjoying your build for a while now. I built a new system this weekend with a Ryzen Raven Ridge 2400g processor and I was just wondering when or if you might have a build that has new AMD drivers.

• Hi all, anyone else running a NUC with the AVX build, utilizing the in-built ir receiver?

It has stopped working for me post devel-20180211

I posted this output earlier, however again for reference:-

output from devel-20180211 (currently working)

Code
    dmesg | grep cir
    [    4.493374] nuvoton-cir 00:01: found NCT6776F or compatible: chip id: 0xc3 0x33
    [    4.565473] lirc lirc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (nuvoton-cir) registered at minor = 0
    [    4.565493] nuvoton-cir 00:01: driver has been successfully loaded

output from devel-20180219 (not working)

Code
    dmesg | grep cir
    [    4.545143] nuvoton-cir 00:01: found NCT6776F or compatible: chip id: 0xc3 0x33
    [    4.693619] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver nuvoton-cir registered at minor = 0
    [    4.694318] nuvoton-cir 00:01: driver has been successfully loaded

I see that it is referring to the device as rc0 and not lirc0 in the newer kernel, however not too sure if a config change is required somewhere to reflect this..

grabbing an output from ir-keymap, i can see it has the same table / protocols loaded as the working build

Code
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event10) with:
        Driver nuvoton-cir, table rc-rc6-mce
        Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp 
        Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6 
        Name: Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote
        bus: 25, vendor/product: 1050:00c3, version: 0x0033
        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

Whilst the driver seems to load ok, I get no test signals received performing tests:-

ir-keytable -t

or

mode2

I have also tried putting a keymap file for my xbox_one remote in the rc_keymaps folder. ir-keytable reads this ok when instructed to:-

Code
    ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/xbox_one

However, does not make a difference unfortunately.

I have also tried toggling between ir modes in the NUC bios (RC6 & MCE remote)

Switching the lirc service on in libreelec also has no effect.

Would appreciate any other suggestions if anyone has some.

Cheers