RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• escalade - About the problem with Tvheadend service, I tried what they explained about Tvheadend in the LE 8.2.0 relese announcement, but it didn't work for me. Tvheadend service is running according to Settings/System/Add-ons/Running, but the PVR client can't connect and I cam't connect to it in Chrome. I tried both update and re-install. Do you want some log?

• Mrfixit2001

Lakka started as an OpenELEC fork with Kodi removed and RetroArch added, simple as that. I've done the same without removing Kodi, use Emulationstation as frontend and have added quite a few other emulators where there isn't a proper libretro core. I've also added quite a few optimizations and other useful features as described on the first page.

andersos

I want you to read the first page.

• escalade - About the problem with Tvheadend service, I tried what they explained about Tvheadend in the LE 8.2.0 relese announcement, but it didn't work for me. Tvheadend service is running according to Settings/System/Add-ons/Running, but the PVR client can't connect and I cam't connect to it in Chrome. I tried both update and re-install. Do you want some log?

Dude he always needs logs. How would you solve a problem if you can't find out whats wrong? The easiest way is to browse you workgroup, open your htpc samba shares, enter the "Logfiles" directory, open the latest zip file and check out the single log files according to your problem. If tvheadend fails to connect for example then check out "11_Addons.log" and overhand the specific information you can find.

So escalade can have a look, fix his build and we're all happy ;)

Lakka started as an OpenELEC fork with Kodi removed and RetroArch added, simple as that. I've done the same without removing Kodi, use Emulationstation as frontend and have added quite a few other emulators where there isn't a proper libretro core. I've also added quite a few optimizations and other useful features as described on the first page.

Perfect, thanks, this sounds like exactly what I've been looking for. Any thoughts on porting it to the ROCK64 platform? Or what might be involved if I wanted to give that a try if nobody else has the interest?

• Mrfixit2001

You need to be familiar with gcc, autoconf, makefiles, git etc. Then learn how the LibreELEC toolchain works (it's fairly simple once you get into it) and adapt the packages to compile for that platform. I think Intel platforms are the best for emulation purposes and I don't have anything else so I won't be looking at that.

• meldrak

I haven't actually gotten any games t run with it, I think I got the same error as well. I believe you need properly decrypted games and in some cases extra game files somewhere. Let me know what you find :)

• Ok I put the playstation 2 Bios files in /roms/bios folder. I hope that is the correct place for ps2. When I go to launch the game (ISO File) the screen fades to black and fades back to emulation station. Sometimes it fades to kodi then back to Emulationstation. This is what I found in the Emulationstation Log file:

Code
    lvl2:     Attempting to launch game...
    lvl2:         /usr/bin/pcsx2.start /storage/roms/ps2/Lara\ Croft\ Tomb\ Raider\ -\ Legend\ \(USA\).iso
    lvl2:     Creating surface...
    lvl2:     Created window successfully.
    lvl2:     Added known joystick Logitech Gamepad F710 (instance ID: 0, device index: 0)
    lvl0:     AudioManager Error - Unable to open SDL audio: ALSA: Couldn't open audio device: Device or resource busy

lvl2:     Added known joystick Logitech Gamepad F710 (instance ID: 0, device index: 0)

Is it an Audio problem? I know it is the correct audio ID. Set to dev=0 and the driver is set to Alsa in retroarch. How do I verify audio is the problem?

• Ok I put the playstation 2 Bios files in /roms/bios folder. I hope that is the correct place for ps2. When I go to launch the game (ISO File) the screen fades to black and fades back to emulation station. Sometimes it fades to kodi then back to Emulationstation. This is what I found in the Emulationstation Log file:

Code
    lvl2:     Attempting to launch game...
    lvl2:         /usr/bin/pcsx2.start /storage/roms/ps2/Lara\ Croft\ Tomb\ Raider\ -\ Legend\ \(USA\).iso
    lvl2:     Creating surface...
    lvl2:     Created window successfully.
    lvl0:     AudioManager Error - Unable to open SDL audio: ALSA: Couldn't open audio device: Device or resource busy

Is it an Audio problem? I know it is the correct audio ID. Set to dev=0 and the driver is set to Alsa in retroarch. How do I verify audio is the problem?

Never mind! I set "keep audio device alive" to off in system audio settings. Error went away. But I have the same results. PS2 games will not launch. Are my bios files in the right place?

Please let me know if I am posting this in the right area any direction to where I would find an answer would be appreciated! I have no clue what to trouble shoot at this point. Thank you

• meldrak

I haven't actually gotten any games t run with it, I think I got the same error as well. I believe you need properly decrypted games and in some cases extra game files somewhere. Let me know what you find :)

ok I will check what is missing on my ubuntu, the rom was already running fine in retroarch/windows before

EDIT: it's also working on retroarch/ubuntu, but the lib libXinerama.so.1 is called and not present in libreelec

maybe you should include it for testing

Edited once, last by meldrak (November 17, 2017 at 12:03 PM).

• yeah I think you are right, I saw Xinerama in my retroarch log in ubuntu but it's not a mandatory

very strange to have

[ERROR] [GL]: Failed to initialize VAOs.

[ERROR] [Video]: Cannot open video driver ... Exiting ...

and have the same error on N64 emulator on your last build (was working before)

fixed in lastest nightly??? Failed to initialize VAOs - Linux devices - Libretro Forums

EDIT same in Beetle PSX HW but not Beetle PSX, so seems to be a retroarch bug