RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Yes it does, look again. It's a normal message when loading non-gpl modules. The module is loaded correctly, it simply doesn't detect your card. Could be an incompatibility with recent kernels. Save yourself some pain and get a wireless nic that's supported by the vanilla kernel ;)

I hear you. But this card was $100+ and is an 802.11AC PCI-Express card. Not very old at all (even if it's technically 4-5 years old). It's not like there are a ton of new and better cards out there. Can't afford to give up on this one. Would i be able to build your cherry trail build without the silvermont option? Or would i be missing all sorts of dependencies trying it out?

• 20171012:

Code
    linux: update to 4.13.6
    emulationstation: add dos to romdir and es_systems
    dosbox-sdl2: use /storage/.config/dosbox by default and add shaders
    alsa-lib: add another upstream cherry trail / baytrail patch
    kodi: add patch to fix accelerometer preventing screensaver
    dosbox-sdl2: add mt-32 support
    munt: update to 0ace855

I've attempted to improve the DOSBox support in this build. DOS games can now be put under /storage/roms/dos, this directory is mounted as your C drive by dosbox's default configuration /storage/.config/dosbox/dosbox-SDL2.conf. Emulationstation looks for .conf files here as well.

Here's an example how to add a game:

1. Copy your game directory to /storage/roms/dos/example.

2. Copy over the default configuration to /storage/roms/dos/example.conf.

3. Modify example.conf and adapt the autoexec in the bottom to start the game.

4. Launch Emulationstation and you'll see your game under "PC".

You can also run dosbox.sh to simply start dosbox with the default configuration.

- The crt-easymode shader is enabled by default

- Gravis Ultrasound data files can be installed to /storage/roms/dosbox/ULTRASND

- Roland MT-32 ROMs can be installed to /storage/roms/dosbox/MT32

- Gamepad can easily be mapped to keyboard presses using the examples here (set mapperfile= to something unique in your game .conf)

Been having a lot of fun playing LBA2, Raptor Call of the Shadows and Pinball Fantasies on the bigscreen with my DS4.

• escalade or anyone that may know.. Sorry If I'm not seeing this somewhere but i searched the thread, How can I add the Emulation entry from this skin(estuary) to another skin. I use Xonfluence and can't seem to add it as a home page entry....doesnt seem to be an addon and dont see it in any other category.

Edit:

XBMC.System.Exec(/usr/bin/emulationstation.sh) was entered in home screen Skin Settings but doesnt seem to launch anything and isnt actually a file in my usr/bin/emulation

Edited 2 times, last by supreme83 (October 14, 2017 at 5:41 PM).

• escalade Hey man, keep up the great work. Have a new one for you I think (checked the thread, it was mentioned about the Dual Shock problem, which I encountered in another build of RA, and just happened to save a RA config file from it which has the DS3 inputs, but no dice when I edited the Retroarch.cfg file on the LibreELEC Retroplayer files). Just running Retroarch XMB/Lakka-style frontend it seems. Haven't tried Emulationstation (that's next). Log file below in link

Hardware: Acer Revo Base RN-66, Intel i3-5005U, Intel HD 5500 Graphics, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 250 GB Samsung SSD.

Link: LibreELEC Retroplayer Relevant Logs - Pastebin.com

If you need the input and hardware logs, I have those too, let me know and I'll get them to you.

• My controllers aren't responding to the Retroplayer and aren't working. They work in the Kodi menu after I configure them under :System Settings -> Input -> Configure attached controllers". The keyboard does not work in the Retroplayer portion of the menu either.

Hope this clarifies the problem.

• escalade or anyone that may know.. Sorry If I'm not seeing this somewhere but i searched the thread, How can I add the Emulation entry from this skin(estuary) to another skin. I use Xonfluence and can't seem to add it as a home page entry....doesnt seem to be an addon and dont see it in any other category.

Edit:

XBMC.System.Exec(/usr/bin/emulationstation.sh) was entered in home screen Skin Settings but doesnt seem to launch anything and isnt actually a file in my usr/bin/emulation

Someone created an add-on linked in this thread somewhere to help with this problem. Was quite a while back but can't remember when. Had some relation to Aeon MQ7? skin.

Found it.

LE8 "Remix" (Generic/RPi) Emulationstation/Chrome/Spotify PROVIDE LOGS IF PROBLEMS

• It doesn't, as this build has nothing to do with retroplayer. Also Kodi controller configuration is not shared with emulationstation or any of the emulators. You'll need to configure it yourself, I've only provided DS4 preconfig.

• Hi I just found out about this LibreElec fork and thinks it's pretty awesome. I do have one question though, is there any reason that I only see wired connection and do not get the option for wireless connections?

I've tried LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171009.img.gz as well as LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171012.img.gz and don't see wifi showing, however if i use either LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.2.img.gz or LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.1.2.img.gz of the official version it shows up and works just fine.

I've tested this so far on 2 PC an Acer Aspire 1830TZ-4858 as well as a Dell Vostro with and i5 (sorry i don't have the model # on hand atm)

I would really love to use this build because of all the great extras, but I need to get the wifi issue figured out first.

Thanks

• Someone created an add-on linked in this thread somewhere to help with this problem. Was quite a while back but can't remember when. Had some relation to Aeon MQ7? skin.

Found it.

LE8 "Remix" (Generic/RPi) Emulationstation/Chrome/Spotify PROVIDE LOGS IF PROBLEMS

Thanks Hoffy, I figured it out....I was updating libreelec and it was removing the files. Once i re-installed and did not update libreelec the script was still there for me to add XBMC.System.Exec(/usr/bin/emulationstation.sh) ...actually decided to use XBMC.System.Exec(/usr/bin/emulator-frontend.sh) which tells it to use both retroarch and emulation station. It worked out, during this process i actually learned to build my own builds completely with all kinds of custom add on widgets