Can't access samba shares from different subnet

• Hello,
    I have just encounter a strange thing.
    First, some background:
    I have mikrotik router RB951G-2HnD which was configured from the factory to operate with bridge enabled, just like any other SOHO router.
    I reset it, and set it to work without that bridge, so any interface (LAN port) on the router is fully manageable by now, can have its own subnet, etc. There is also some other benefits from this.
    For example, LAN port 2, where my main pc is plugged in, have ip range 192.168.2.2-254
    And LAN port 3, where htpc is, have ip range 192.168.3.1-254. htpc currently have ip 192.168.3.2

Those who seen Mikrotik routers before will know.

Nothing else changed, except resetting my router to set it into without-bridge mode and changing ip adresses on main pc and htpc. No changes to anything else, no change to any other setting in libreelec, except its ip adress.

But I can't now access samba shares on htpc from the main pc. When I try to access them through windows explorer like before, but now, of course through its new ip \\192.168.3.2, it just give me those well known windows error like "you dont have access and check your credentials" and also "specified logon session does not exist. it may already been terminated" and such.
    As we know, samba and windows filesharing is using ports 135-139 and 445. I have those ports allowed in the router, so there is no problem.
    The strange thing is, that I can SSH into it, which uses port 22. But not acces samba shares.

So, is there any firewall, its rule, or any other setting which is preventing to reach samba shares from different subnet?
    Because if I set on my router that the htpc and main pc will be on the same subnet - main pc is 192.168.2.2 and htpc is 192.168.2.3 then samba shares works ok.

I think that samba shares in libreelec are operating similarly like netbios in windows - it only can access from the same subnet, and nothing else. Is that true?
    I tried to look on iptalbes and its rules, if there are any. But it only give me this:

[/code]
    ...so there isn't any?
    I would like to know how exactly those samba shares operating, if there is any firewall running there, or something what not allowing access from computer in different subnet to libreelec.

Thanks

• No, I am using latest stable 7.0.2 for pc.
    But I look at the link and there is slightly different problem. That guy there needs to see his shared folder on his NAS from HTPC.
    And I need to access my HTPC (libreelec) from my Main PC (windows) so I can copy the files in/out HTPC when I am on Main PC.

Edited once, last by shiro (December 11, 2016 at 6:31 PM).

• VLAN, really?
    is there something what prevents from connecting to libreelec from different subnet?

From my network knowledge, I dont see any problem for it to work, if I have correctly set my router, so all subnets can access each other. All is happening on the router.

For now, I found some workaround - I got htpc and main pc on the same subnet and now I can access samba shares. This proving my theory that libreelec's samba sharing works only on the same subnet. Or not?

Can you please provide more information about libreelec's samba shares, how it work, etc. or is there some info? Because I dont know what to do or try, if I dont know how it works.

thanks.

Edited once, last by shiro (December 12, 2016 at 12:48 PM).