Intel Compute Stick BOXSTCK1A8LFCL LE v7.9 Wireless and Bluetooth

• Hello,

I wanted to report that the first generation Intel Compute Stick has working HDMI audio with the latest alpha release of LibreELEC. However, what is still not working is the wireless and bluetooth. Does anyone know of a way to enable the wireless and bluetooth to work on this device?

• First step to know is which hardware is inside. That would require a SSH connection to the Compute Stick in order to get a dmesg listing. But... since the Wireless adapter is not function, that becomes a bit tricky. The chicken-and-the-egg question, so to speak. :(

• First step to know is which hardware is inside. That would require a SSH connection to the Compute Stick in order to get a dmesg listing. But... since the Wireless adapter is not function, that becomes a bit tricky. The chicken-and-the-egg question, so to speak. :(

Ok, I'll use a USB hub and plug in a network dongle for now to get the output (Let's see if that works). I'll report back with any findings.

• Code
    lspci
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series SoC Transaction Register (rev 0f)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display (rev 0f)
    00:1a.0 Encryption controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Trusted Execution Engine (rev 0f)
    00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series USB EHCI (rev 0f)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Power Control Unit (rev 0f)

Bluetooth:

Code
    dmesg|grep -i bluetooth
    [ 1195.890338] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.21
    [ 1195.890376] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
    [ 1195.890385] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
    [ 1195.890391] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
    [ 1195.890404] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized

I believe its is a bluetooth wi-fi combo. I am using a cheap usb wireless n network device right now.

• I'm guessing it's a RTL8723BS SDIO Wifi/BT adapter like the other cherry trail devices. There is an out of tree driver full of bugs that will probably work, but I doubt the LE devs would want to maintain that because they will stop working with newer kernels. There's always the option of rolling your own though.

I did package up the driver previously as I thought my device had the same chip, but I was wrong so it's untested. Feel free to use it however you like.

• encript, the support you are looking for is currently being upstreamed. As per hadess:

proof of life: here and here

I have no idea when the driver will move from the staging area to a mainline kernel, nor when that kernel will be included in LibreELEC. But, as you can see, it is already in progress. Until the driver is included in an official release, I suggest purchasing the NETGEAR AC600 Dual Band Wi-Fi USB Mini Adapter. It works well and is affordable.