fresh install on nvme ssd

• Hi !

My idea was to install libreelec on a 1gb internal nvme m2 ssd drive (wd black sn770) with the latest raspberry pi 5 8gb.

I had the image LE file on the usb stick , started the pi up with the stick in and expected to see a menu were i could install LE on the nvme ssd . But i ended up installing the latest version just on the usb stick

itself, i guess. Without the stick kodi does not run.

In kodi (on the tv) menu system info / storage / i have now this (with usb stick (32gb) plugged in tv) :

/dev/sda1 size 511.7M used 145M available 366.4M mounted on / flash

/dev/sda2 seize 27.76G used 11.8M available 27.76M mounted on / storage

So my question is how can i get kodi / libreelec on the ssd drive? What went wrong ?

• Boot from USB and set "BOOT_ORDER=0xf461" via "rpi-eeprom --config" so the device can boot from NVME, then power off. Now image the M2 drive with the RPi5 image (same as you created the USB). Once imaging is complete, edit config.txt on the M2 drive to add "dtparam=nvme" then attach the NVME drive to the RPi5 and it should boot (make sure the USB drive is disconnected).

• Thank you for assisting !

I am having problems to get into the rpi -eeprom --config of the raspberry pi.

Have been into /flash.config.txt , but i don´t know if this is the same as you said.

So my question is were to find the rpi-eeprom --config file.

• Ok, i have seen the rpi-eeprom-config does have the right boot order.

Now i somehowe have to write again the image on the nvme drive from my pc ,

The nvme is still in the raspberry pi . Do i need to get it out of the pi ? ...and how to connect my pc with the raspberry ......my pc has only usb A ports.

Do i need a usb to nvme adapter for this ?

Sorry for these stupid beginner questions. This is really a learning project for me.

• browning, Have a look at this video where the RPI5 can network install with raspberry pi imager. You can choose libreelec install from in imager.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There is a built in function in LE to update eeprom in settings.

Settings--> LibreELEC--> Updates--> Firmware updates, flip the switch to on, and reboot.