[x86-64] CEC on Old TV

• Hi there,

I own a very old TV: the Samsung LE32C650 out of 2010. This device supports CEC (Samsung calls it Anynet+), but my HDMI cable has the standard 1.2 I think, so CEC can't work.

My question is: How are my chances, that CEC will work and I can use my TV-remote to control KODI with a newer cable?

Thank you for responding,

Gilderoy

• Hmm, I just read that CEC needs 1.4 up. However, it doesn't work. I looked up the settings of peripherals, but there is nothing except my controller. I acivated CEC on the TV and searched for devices there. Is there anything I may have forgotten?

• To fulfill the official HDMI-CEC specification you need cables which follows HDMI 1.2a (and upwards). Maybe your cables does already, because CEC was available for some device since 1.1, but not official. If you already tried, it could be that you have a cable, where the CEC pin is not connected and therefore doesn't work.

Edited once, last by HarryH (October 11, 2024 at 5:22 PM).

• When LE is running, witch to TV mode, and then back to AV input.

I did that, but nothing changed.

To fulfill the official HDMI-CEC specification you need cables which follows HDMI 1.2a (and upwards). Maybe your cables does already, because CEC was available for some device since 1.1, but not official. If you already tried, it could be that you have a cable, where the CEC pin is not connected and therefore doesn't work.

Possible. So you say the only way to try is by buying a newer cable? Then I hope the 12€ are not for nothing :(

• We still don't know your LE hardware. To my knowledge, most desktop PCs don't support CEC.

Please check CEC connectivity from SSH:

HarryH
    May 31, 2024 at 2:54 PM
  • I have it's big brother (LE46C65X). It works with Anynet+ using the TV remote to control Kodi

Tested with:

ATV 4K (Jailbroken and Kodi 17.x?)

RPI4B 4GB with LibreELEC

Generic X86-64 Windows, Kodi and a Pulseeight adapter

• I did that, but nothing changed.

Possible. So you say the only way to try is by buying a newer cable? Then I hope the 12€ are not for nothing :(

I can't make the decision in behalf of you or give a guarantee. For example I know that also cheap HDMI 1.4 cables was in the wild, which doesn't have the CEC pin connected.

Like Da Flex already mentioned right. You doesn't informed us which device you are using for LE. Because you should ensure that your LE12 device has a working CEC adapter implemented. If all things are ready, its also possible that you just chose a wrong HDMI input at your TV. Some old TVs supports CEC only at one of them.

• I can't make the decision in behalf of you or give a guarantee. For example I know that also cheap HDMI 1.4 cables was in the wild, which doesn't have the CEC pin connected.

Like Da Flex already mentioned right. You doesn't informed us which device you are using for LE. Because you should ensure that your LE12 device has a working CEC adapter implemented. If all things are ready, its also possible that you just chose a wrong HDMI input at your TV. Some old TVs supports CEC only at one of them.

I also think no HDMI-cec on the device or cable. I can't be 100% sure due to a different model in the same series/generation but my TV do support sec on multiple ports (I had 2 or 3 Kodi entries in the sources menu on the TV before i figured out how to rename them in Kodi)

• I did not include more information because I hoped that I simply missed something that should be clear. My technical knowledge in this subject is quiet rudimentary.

I use the Generic X86-64 Windows LE on a very old desktop with integrated gpu. I will check via SSH next week whether there is CEC-compatibility or not and if so, I will try a newer cable with CEC-support. I have no pulse-eight-adapter and think I won't buy one, because it is more expensive than my whole setup.

If I find something working, I will post it here. Until then I thak you for your support and insights!