How to tell Samba not to share the root folder of USB drives by default?

• Running LibreELEC 11, in /storage/.config/samba.conf, I have defined specific folders to be shared, which works fine.

It seems Samba also exports my two USB drives by default, each time through a folder using the drive's name.

How can I disable that?

• Have you disabled the "auto-share external drives" option in Settings\Libreelec\Services?

I'm not sure on other consequences of turning that off. Nor if it will work in your scenario. I mention this because if this disables a share you have to be careful when updating the library in case you accidentally say yes to remove library items for a no longer existing source path.

A backup might be prudent.

• Thanks for your reply. It should work, thank you.

However, why should I create a backup? Removing all library items (on the client) won't remove actual disk files on the Samba server, right? You're scaring me a little bit here :)

• No, you won't loose the source files. But large libraries can take time to re-scrape, which might anger some people. Plus others have custom NFO files for artwork and things that might get screwed up, which might anger some people.

It's not a comment on you. Just a bit of CYA. :P