[RPi4] HDR H.265 VIDEO STOPS after 4 seconds. NO SOUND during or after video

• Possible solution on the bottom!

I am facing this strange issue:
    - pi4 running Libreelec 12.0.1
    - start playing h265 HDR DRM_PRIME video
    - TV turns on HDR mode
    - no sound, smooth image playback for about 4 seconds. Then the image stops and never continues.
    - subtitles keep playing
    - jellyfin addon, jellyfin states no transcoding is being done
    - sonos beam soundbar, sound issue could be related to this. I can probably figure that out once image plays.

Things I tried and failed:
    - I originally thought this was due to network speed. But I can saturate my gigabit connection using iperf3 between the server and client
    - Enabled cpu overclock in config.txt
    - Enabled 60fps in config.txt
    - Caching 64mb, read factor 4x
    - Whitelisted:
    - 3840x2160 @ 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.976
    - 1920x1080 @ 60/59.94/50/24/23.976
    - Set System -> Resolution -> 1920x1080p
    - Set the Adjust Refresh setting to "On Start/Stop"
    - Originally this was happening on an older version of kodi 19.1, update didnt help.

Some info about the media:

Audio Channels
    Audio Codec
    TrueHD Atmos
    Video Bit Depth
    Video Codec
    h265
    Video Fps
    Video Dynamic Range
    HDR
    Video Dynamic Range Type
    HDR10
    Resolution
    3840x2160
    Scan Type
    Progressive

hastebin

Any help is appreciated, I am going to comb the log files now also.

EDIT: After searching the logs I found that it might be an audio issue, I googled and my TV might not support eARC, disabling TrueHD Atmos in kodi made the playback smooth.

Edited once, last by BoKKER (September 3, 2024 at 5:47 PM).

• Da Flex would there be a way to have the ARC go to the TV also? I am thinking about my ps4 which is really the only other device that I use with ARC. I cant find much info on eARC working on RPI either. I can always give it a try!

• If I connect the soundbar directly to the raspberry pi. I would gain Atmos TrueHD capability on that device. On the other hand all the other devices connected to my TV would lose the ability to use the soundbar. I was wondering if there is a way to have both. As in splitting the the HDMI of the soundbar to go both to the TV and to RPI

• So you got RPi4, PS4 and TV as sources, and the soundbar as target. Then this HDMI switch should do the trick. It can also switch automatically:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09N6M4NGB

• RPi4 HDMI-0 -> TV
    • RPi4 HDMI-1 -> HDMI switch
    • PS4 -> TV
    • TV -> HDMI switch
    • HDMI switch -> soundbar

Eventually you have to switch manually, because RPi4 will provide two active signals at HDMI switch.