[RPi4] Out of Memory Error

• This is weird, I just tested here on my RPi4 (with memory limited to 1GB) and after stopping kodi with "systemctl stop kodi" I'm seeing the SUMMARY line in the status output (the exit code / status 23 is normal, that's reported when there was leaked memory).

Can you please post your full journal after stopping kodi?

run "journalctl -b | pastebinit"

so long,

Hias

• There's nothing obvious in the log, it's cut off (probably you forgot to enable persistent logfiles) and still no summary printed - no idea why.

I guess it's time for plan B: try to disable all the addons one-by-one, also your cron script which downloads epg, let kodi run for a while and if it runs out of memory disable the next addon and see try again.

so long,

Hias

• disable all the addons one-by-one

Not sure about that. Why one-by-one? Do i have to wait after disabling one? If i have to wait until it runs out of memory after each one... thats impossible. I have to make an appointment each time i want to connect to that machine, then my dad needs to find time (he wont be available in complete september). So i guess it ends here.

probably you forgot to enable persistent logfiles

True, i forgot that.

• Not sure about that. Why one-by-one? Do i have to wait after disabling one?

If you want to know which of the addons is causing the issue so you can report it to the addon dev, then yes.

Alternative: do a clean installation without any addons, see if that works. then start addon back the addons one-by-one and see if kodi starts to crash.

As no one else has been experiencing this issue it's really impossible to tell what's going wrong on your system. It literally could be anything, some addon, some kodi setting, maybe something in kodi or something else.

so long,

Hias

• Have you been able to get that summary line on a rpi4 with libreelec?

I will see if i somehow can get that machine, but not sure if thats possible.

• Yes, I got the summary fine here on RPi4 with the build I linked above.

No idea why you don't get it, maybe the output is too large or taking too long but then I'd expect some systemd message in the journal (systemd sending a SIGKILL if kodi didn't stop within 30 seconds after SIGTERM) which wasn't there.

Honestly no idea why it's not present in your logs.

so long,

Hias

• One of my Pi4 4GB that runs latest LE12 nightly (LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240917-7de0439) is on 28% now after running a while. No updated addons (only running a few official ones) or anything else has changed.