8TB HDD will not Mount

• Hello,

I have a raspberry pi4 8GB running Libeelect ad Kodi. I have use harddrives before without issue with my SABRENT USB 3.0 to SATA External Hard Drive Lay-Flat Docking Station. This works find with a shucked 3TB HDD that was becoming full, so I got an 8TB SSD. This hun uses AC power as well as I didn't want any issues from the pi being the sole energy source

I formatted and the 8TB to EXT3/EXT4 using Linux Mint with the drive connected internally to my PC, removed the 400GB partition that accounts for 5% of the drive as it will juat be for storage and copied over the files from the old 3TB.

However, when I plug it in via the hub, Kodi does not recognize it. Linux Mint will when plugged in to the hub, but does not seek to want to mount it like it does when I collect it internally directly to the motherboard.

So has anyone else had this problem? From what I understand, the Hub works fine up to 12TB and the other drive works fine, but is formatted for Windows, so do I just need to reformat the 8TB harddrive and start over, or is there some issue with the amount of power it is getting? /shrug

• Are you sure that you did not format partition to use xfs file system or used conflicting label on drive?

"removed the 400GB partition that accounts for 5% of the drive" - that is not partition, but default reserved size on ext3.

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/support/log-files

Provide log files for devs to debug instead of asking them to guess your problem using crystal balls.