No automount of USB HDDs

• I have a RPi5 running LE 12 with Kodi 21. I have 2 Seagate 6T & 8T drives connected to the USB-3 ports on the Pi. I booted LE on the SD built from the LE SD creator. After completing the initial setup screens, it took me to the "Add video source" screen, but the HDs didn't appear in the paths (actually, nothing did). Upon clicking Browse, I navigated to the root/media directory, but nothing was mounted there either. After poking around in the forum for a good while, I confirmed that the drives--formatted NTFS--mounted successfully on my Windows PC and performed complete recovery processes on both drives. I setup SSH and executed a mount command where neither drive appeared.

Incidentally, both drives mounted and worked on a RPi4 running LE11.

Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

• This appears to have fixed it! If I turn on automatic updates in Kodi will it automatically update to the next "stable" version of LibreELEC? Or are these special nightly updates handled differently?

• The better advice would have been to update to an LE12 nightly that has the same fix included. You are now on LE13 so while Kodi database file are currently same-version (we haven't bumped to Kodi P in master branch yet) the LE and Kodi-binary add-ons are numerically bumped to LE13 and will need to be removed and reinstalled if you want to downgrade to the next stable LE release (12.0.1) when it arrives. Note that removal/reinstall doesn't mean you lose settings.