[RPi5] Video Add-on Python Issues

• Hi all,

been looking around on the forum and google for a couple of hours but couldn't find a solution so decided to ask the experts :)
    I installed a rpi5 4GB yesterday with the latest stable LE12, installed widevine cdm, and 3 video channel addons: "ted talks" "vtm go" and "vrt max" . all 3 give python errors like these:

=======================================================
    2024-06-26 11:19:31.424 T:1143 error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
    Error Contents: 'Exception' object has no attribute 'message'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks_scraper.py", line 17, in get_video_details
    m3u8_url, title, speaker, plot, talk_json = talk_scraper.get_talk(talk_html, self.logger)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/model/talk_scraper.py", line 14, in get_talk
    raise Exception('Could not parse HTML.')
    Exception: Could not parse HTML.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/default.py", line 14, in <module>
    ted_talks.Main(args_map=args_map).run()
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks.py", line 336, in run
    modes[mode].run(self.args_map)
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks.py", line 148, in run
    self.run_internal(args)
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks.py", line 166, in run_internal
    self.ui.playVideo(args['url'], args['icon'] if 'icon' in args else None)
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks.py", line 71, in playVideo
    playlist, title, subs, info_labels = self.ted_talks.get_video_details(url=url, subs_language=subs_language)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ted.talks/resources/lib/ted_talks_scraper.py", line 19, in get_video_details
    raise type(e)(e.message + "\nfor url '%s'" % (url))
    ^^^^^^^^^
    AttributeError: 'Exception' object has no attribute 'message'
    -->End of Python script error report<--
    =======================================================

I installed latest nighty, updated everything there is to update, doesn't seem to change anything.
    Anyone got a suggestion?

I'm coming from an odroid on LE11, addons run fine there

tia,

Mark

• hi! thanks for the feedback! Ok I'll go ask there
    was just wondering since it's a problem with 3 different addons, it seemed plausible to me the problem is in a python version or some other general thing I'm missing, seems weird to me that this issue arises in 3 different addons, that the problem would be with all 3 of them and not with the platform

• Correct, I didn't read till the end.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Hey guys,

thanks for picking this up, pasted a log in pastebin:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

tia for looking into this

• When looking at the end of the plugin support thread you see that

a) the author seem to drop support

b) there is an unofficial 5.1.0 that can be downloaded from here.

After installing the 5.1.0 from zip in LE12 there is at least playing something.