HDR Colors Wrong

• I am having a problem with 4K HDR playback. The colors are wrong. The image shows only magenta and green; it as if one of the color channels are missing. I do not have this problem with non-HDR 4k files.

I am running a RPi5 with all updated software and firmware. My TV is a Samsung QN75Q80R, which has HDR10+ support. LibreElec reports the TV supports both HDR10 and HLG. The video files are on a Synology DS416Play, which is on a 1Gb wired network.

The debug file is attached.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

• 2024-06-24 09:36:40.162 T:966      info <general>: ffmpeg[0x38936ae0]:     Side data:
    2024-06-24 09:36:40.162 T:966      info <general>: ffmpeg[0x38936ae0]:       DOVI configuration record: version: 1.0, profile: 5, level: 6, rpu flag: 1, el flag: 0, bl flag: 1, compatibility id: 0

You are trying to play a Dolby Vision video.

• We don't support Dolby Vision (DV). DV needs a license on the device. RPi's don't have such a license.

Some Amazon Fire devices and Nvidia Shield have a DV license. Get one of those.

• Offline DV media is generally encoded with a fall-back to HDR10 so devices like RPi5 which do not support DV itself can still play HDR with correct colours. Online streaming media from DV enabled services (and rips of those services) are generally encoded without the HDR fall-back so will show wrong colours.