Wyse3040 - no analog sound -

• Hi folks,

Got my hands on a Wyse 3040, it's a tiny thing and low power, great for a htpc (mostly streaming radio/youtube)

Librelex x86 v12.0 installed fine on it, all good, except for the sound. There is none coming out of the analog socket.

I thought, that's easy, just needs dtparam=audio=on in /flash/config.txt as prior Rpi experience taught me, but that solved nothing, there is no sound.

I can see the analog device in the Kodi settings, but in the logs I see this.. any thoughts?

• Go to Best Answer
  • just needs dtparam=audio=on in /flash/config.txt as prior Rpi experience taught me, but that solved nothing,

It's not an RPi, so copying the RPi config.txt file (an RPi only thing) does indeed acheive nothing.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • When searching cherry trail audio in this forum you find several reports but there seem to be no solution.

If motivated you may extend the search to the whole web.

• I've got it. Analog output on DELL Wyse 3040 requires the pulseaudio module-udev-detect on Libreelec.

Since /etc/pulse/default.pa is on squashfs there's not much to do there, so one can load the module via Libreelec's autostart.sh like this:

Code
    ( sleep 10
    /usr/bin/pactl load-module module-udev-detect
    )&

Just add that to /storage/.config/autostart.sh file.

If I run that without the sleep for 10 seconds it fails for whatever reason, 5 seconds might also work, but wanted to make sure Kodi is up and running when it gets run.

PS: In addition i have also blacklisted the HDMI audio kernel module, as it will not be used at all and don't want to risk Kodi randomly switching to it:

Code
    echo blacklist snd_hdmi_lpe_audio >> /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf 

Edited once, last by lucian (June 22, 2024 at 12:44 AM).

• If you want more precise scheduling (after something, but before Kodi starts) you can use a systemd service to run commands. Have a look at the wireguard sample service in /storage/.config/system.d for a rough template.