Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• Strange, I think I got it to run now. Not really sure what the problem was before. It closed pretty quick after running through the script. I looked on emulation and don't see any covers or metadata.

• Strange, I think I got it to run now. Not really sure what the problem was before. It closed pretty quick after running through the script. I looked on emulation and don't see any covers or metadata

I scraped mine long time ago and I just keep backups now but from what I can remember to do it from windows I had to first browse from windows networks to the roms folder and map network roms folder...

On line 17 of script you choose what you want to scrape...for 3d boxarts and screenshots you enter

Code
    set consoleImg=-console_img="3b,s"

You can also set the paths in the script but I prefer to edit games.xml with notepad after..

Then you go to the roms folder from mapped drive and you place the script in the main roms folder..

Run script and it should download sselph.exe on first run..

when you r asked which system do you want to scrape you enter the name of the roms subfolder ex nes or snes..

and it should start scraping.

• It my roms folder, am I supposed to have a gamelist.xml document with all my roms for each emulator? I remember when I created a folder for each emulator (in Storage/Emulators/Roms) to match the gamelist file structure I didn't carry over the gamelist.xml file for each one.

• It my roms folder, am I supposed to have a gamelist.xml document with all my roms for each emulator? I remember when I created a folder for each emulator (in Storage/Emulators/Roms) to match the gamelist file structure I didn't carry over the gamelist.xml file for each one.

Games.xml is created by the scraper in the roms folder for every roms set..after scraping is completed you place it in the addondata/emulationstation/ there s a folder for every rom set game.xml...not at home right now to give you exact location but there is an empty games.xml in each folder..

• I've tried a different things, but still getting the same result when I try to run the script. The command box opens up, runs through a bunch of lines quickly and then closes. I do not get a chance to actually read what its going through because it flashes so quickly.

• I've tried a different things, but still getting the same result when I try to run the script. The command box opens up, runs through a bunch of lines quickly and then closes. I do not get a chance to actually read what its going through because it flashes so quickly.

OK..let me try to go step by step...

From your windows PC go to file explorer_network and browse to your nas folder named roms...right click on that folder and choose "map network drive.."

Windows should give that folder a drive letter and after that it should show as a drive on My Computer or This PC in windows 10.

Lets say you have windows 10....go to This PC and open the mapped drive should look something like roms(\\192.168.0.10) (G:)

Copy the fastscraper.bat to the roms folder...should look like this

PeCn7iw

Before you run the scraper just enter the screen scraper user and pass..

In line 18 of the script enter which artwork you want to download...if you want to download 3d boxart you enter 3b as I showed you earlier...

If you want to also download screenshots first remove or rename the "downloaded_images" folder so you don t overwrite the downloaded images..

run the script....it should download sselph scraper and then you will choose which subfolder you want to scrape example nes or snes etc...

after that it should start scraping

When done scraping you should have a gamelist.xml and a folder with artwork

You put the gamelist.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.emulationstation/gamelists/(nes or whatever)

You can put the downloaded images on your nas in the roms folder...put images in different folders for each emulator..

the gamelist.xml should look something like this

gamelist.xml.txt

My image path looks a bit complicated because I have more artwork then just images for ES ....I m using the same images for ES,RA and AEL..

Anyway just ask if you get stuck..

• Thank you very much for this. It is very much appreciated. However, I have the drive mounted and the batch file in the roms folder. When, I try to run the script it runs the script very quickly and closes out. I am able to stop it before it closes if I click the mouse really fast to catch it. I was able to get an attached screenshot of what it is saying. It says "It says it is not recognized as an internal or external command" for every line. I even tried to run this on a separate computer (windows 10 also) and got the same result. I tried turning off antivirus, firewalls, etc...still the same. I even googled this problem, followed this article A command is not recognized as an internal or external command, and still got the same result.

• I think that is the linux/mac version :)

You need the fastscraper.bat..

rename this from fastscraper.txt to fastscraper.bat and enter your user and passfastscraper.txt

Also the script will only download 1 type of image for every rom at 1 go..so just "3b" is enough for image command...if you want to download a screenshot set after just edit the command to "s" and run script again...but before running dont forget to rename the folder of scraped images because the script will replace the already scraped images in that folder...it doesn t create another folder..

Edited 2 times, last by Mario77 (July 20, 2019 at 11:35 AM).

• Ok thanks. I got the script to run but now it's not downloading the scraper. The screenshot is below.

try to run script as administrator..if it doesn t work try to create a folder on your windows 10 and run script in there so it downloads the scraper and then move scraper to mapped roms folder..

option 2 will be instead of mapping your nas roms drive try to map the LE mounted emulators folder to windows..

• try to run script as administrator..if it doesn t work try to create a folder on your windows 10 and run script in there so it downloads the scraper and then move scraper to mapped roms folder..

option 2 will be instead of mapping your nas roms drive try to map the LE mounted emulators folder to windows..

Tried everything you mentioned and still the same result. I'm thinking it has something to do with mentioned here Fails to set version, fails to download with manual inclusion of version... · Issue #16 · paradadf/recaltools · GitHub, but I'm trying to make sense of it or figure out what I need to edit.

• Now I m at work...tonight i will post you a link with my scraper.exe..i have win 64 bit..or try to find the url from the script and download manually...you need to look for sselph scraper

This is strange tough..it s working fine on my pc..

• Thanks man. This worked with downloading the scraper. Really appreciate the help. Finally got everything working great. I swapped out my xbox controller for a ps4 controller and it is so much better. Paired right away and works great with the games. When I'm playing a game is there an easier way to get back to my ES rom list instead of exiting retroarch every time? For example, when I don't want to play a game anymore, I have to press the playstation button. That takes me into retroarch. I have to scroll through the menu and go down and exit retroarch to get back to ES. Just wondering if there was an easier way to do this.

• Glad you r sorted...ask when you need help..

That s how it all works...you launch the game from ES but RA does everything..you can make a hot key tough to make the process faster to quit the game and go back to ES.

Otherwise another option which I prefer is you forget about ES and you setup RO with all the artwork and screenshots by creating playlists and scraping the artwork..looks very neat too and you won t need anything else..