Trying to understand how to enable DVR

• I've installed a build from Raspberry Pi website using their sd card flash tool. I was able to set up the Kodi applicaton in Libre Elec, and I can not find anything that helps provide instructions that will enable recording of channels avaialble through pvr and video downloads availalable in the out of the box repositories. I did see a video from several years ago that walked through set up of recording by installing nextpvr....i tried the same with no success. I tried installing tvheadend server and client, but the only guidance that I have found was focused on setting up recording for external tuners. Any suggestions would be appreciated! (pi 3b, 32gb ssd, libreELEC 12.0.0 kernel 6.6.28). THANKS!

i am new to this....i have redundant channels showing up. i have no clue how this works. i installed several video add on modules from the kodi and libre elec repository. i also added one from another source....sly guy. the samsung tv add on. i don't see anything it it at first glance that appears to be pirated. i believe his download also forced an add on called iptv merge. i ran that merge and had redundant channels as well as when i run the iptv manager. should i delete anything from external repositories?

Edited once, last by chewitt: Merged a post created by MKHARGROVE into this post. (June 4, 2024 at 2:39 AM).

• If the server-side of the PVR add-on supports recording Kodi will expose recording controls. However normal add-ons and IPTV sources do not support server-side recording; thus those controls are not shown. Kodi intentionally does not provide a universal "record stream to disk" function as that would result in mass piracy of online streaming sources.

NB: Discussion on how to configure recording from pirate IPTV sources is not welcome in this forum. I'm making the assumption it's a pirate IPTV source because I have no recollection of ever seeing someone show up with a legal/non-pirate one.

• Although I agree most IPTV and all PVR VOD I see on the various Kodi related forums are pirated, the legitimacy of streaming non-DRM'd URL's from the slyguy site or the the Samsung links is open to debate. Most "official" media streaming Kodi addons fail that test.

The main reason that that slyguy URLs fail would be they are often geo-locked. There are also some that have more than one video stream or multiple programs in the PMT which aren't supported by most players. If you want help with NextPVR go to the NextPVR forum. The author happens to live in NZ too which might help

Otherwise random URL's you find on GitHub just cannot be considered reliable enough for PVR.