Understanding Plex Client

• I realize that this is not really a LibreELEC issue, but the Plex client does not work with LibreELEC 10.0.4 (PI 4) trying to connect to my Plex Media Server on my Synology NAS. Someone mentioned that they were able to connect using Raspberry PI OS. I have been unsuccessful installing Plex Client on Raspberry PI OS (Total Failue). Maybe I am going down the wrong path.

Maybe my configuration should be:

Raspberry PI OS --> Kodi --> Plex Client (?)

Thanks in advance,

Mark

• I've been using the dontpanickodi version for ages .. works great.

Are you running the Plex server on the same machine?
    PM4K worked fine for me until i ditched my dedicated plex server and merged it into my LibreELEC machine. The Plex server seems to be working fine, but PM4K got all weird and the interface is all blurry, grey and flickering. Except for the settings menu, in there it's all normal. It's the same on my PM4K on my RPi5 and the same on another RPi4 thats located at another place.

I don't think it's the addon that does this, since it worked fine before i merged the plex server into my LibreELEC device. I have of course reinstalled the addon multiple times without any luck.

But it would be interesting to hear if anyone else has this issue while running Plex server on the LibreELEC and also the PM4K client on the same machine.

• Are you running the Plex server on the same machine?
    PM4K worked fine for me until i ditched my dedicated plex server and merged it into my LibreELEC machine. The Plex server seems to be working fine, but PM4K got all weird and the interface is all blurry, grey and flickering. Except for the settings menu, in there it's all normal. It's the same on my PM4K on my RPi5 and the same on another RPi4 thats located at another place.

I don't think it's the addon that does this, since it worked fine before i merged the plex server into my LibreELEC device. I have of course reinstalled the addon multiple times without any luck.

But it would be interesting to hear if anyone else has this issue while running Plex server on the LibreELEC and also the PM4K client on the same machine.

I'm just a novice and I have no experience with the Pi5, but it seems that you are asking for a lot of transcoding on one computer. I am probably incorrect, but maybe more experienced folks can chime in.

PS: I would keep the server and clients on different machines.

• I'm just a novice and I have no experience with the Pi5, but it seems that you are asking for a lot of transcoding on one computer. I am probably incorrect, but maybe more experienced folks can chime in.

PS: I would keep the server and clients on different machines.

I don't do transcoding. The Raspberry Pi 5 has HEVC hardware support and all my materials are exclusively in HEVC (h.265/x265).

When i play media the CPU meter in htop barley moves.

EDIT: Besides, the HEVC is much smaller (due to compression and probably some other technologies) than x264 so it's a lot of hard drive space savings too to use this codec.