RPi5 w/Geekworm x1003 NVMe Temperature

• I am seeing temps of 140-150F in system info of Kodi. That seems way too high. :cursing:

I built my Pi5 with all the stock stuff and added the M.2 setup inside the RPi5 red/white case and fan. The fan is also from the pi foundation. The two plastic plugs for the fan attach went through the board and expanded, so the thermal paste should be in contact at their pre-set pressure.

So why the high temps? Is this dangerous? Are they real?

I hear the fan run up to max speed on initial power up, but the fan is not running that fast while the unit is reporting 150 degrees for the CPU and GPU! Curious.

Thanks.

• Go to Best Answer
  • Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I am seeing temps of 140-150F in system info of Kodi. That seems way too high.

150ºF = 65ºC, which is getting warm, but comfortably within the operating range for an RPi board. These things are designed to be stuffed in a case that's suffocating in dust running some industrial use-case. You can run them considerably hotter than yours. As long as the CPU is not being thermally throttled, all is fine.