tvheadend htsp client missing after upgrade to librelec 12

• Major version update normally triggers add-on updates (as new repo, with new higher-versioned add-ons available) but on first boot the existing old-version add-ons will start/run and then updates will happen. With LE12 on an RPi4 the LE11 "arm" CPU arch add-ons are no longer binary compatible with the LE12 "aarch64" userspace and don't run, spewing some messages. Once the normal wave of add-on updates are processed you have aarch64 compatible versions of add-ons installed and all is good again.

• Hi, I have the same problem, when upgrading to LE 12, TV Headend PVR Client disappears from the list of PVR clients. TVH Server is still there. I didn't really understand the response in terms of how to to restore it could anyone help please?

• Thanks for the reply. Actually it seems I have no internet connection, it just wasn't obvious and the first indication was loss of tv because it never updated the repo. Local network access works fine, just no internet, any thoughts though as to why appreciated but I know that is going off topic now. :)

Edited once, last by pjm.47 (June 18, 2024 at 2:23 PM).

• yep, several times :(

tried turning off firewall on the router as well.

Internet access could have been broken for quite a while and gone unnoticed until the upgrade attempt. I did have a new router a month a go. It's not obvious that there is no internet in Kodi so don't know if its been broken that long. Note I can remote SSH into HTPC and then ping 8.8.8.8 successfully from libreelec. But ping google.com gives 'bad address'. Any other diagnostics I could try? Ta.

• Routing works but presumably the DNS server isn't responding so resolution doesn't work and there aren't fall-back addresses that can be used. You can set IPv4 details manually to override things but that's a workaround and you need to look at the router or the details being issued via DHCP.

• I set IPv4 to manual address and also auto and enabled/disable ipv6, no change. But another clue, in desperation I did a soft reset in libreelec to restore its settings, the internet then works fine. So nothing fundamentally wrong with my router and something has broken within kodi/libreelec somehow. The problem with soft reset is I lose all my recorded tv and that is a bad thing. So I have reverted back to a backup I did earlier for now. (the backup thing is brilliant btw).

So follow up question is there any way of fixing/restoring my setup without losing recorded tv. Any hacks considered. I don't mind redoing all the other settings for media libraries etc but cannot lose the recorded tv.

Really appreciate any help as a bit stuck with this one.

• Honestly no idea what the issue is, and there is really nothing to configure when DHCP is used (as default) and the design of the OS (everything inside a read-only file) rather prevents users from messing with anything that's important.

If you have the backup I would soft-reset and then not-restore the backup, but untar the file to somewhere on /storage and then selectively move back the bits of Kodi config and recordings that you need. Kodi is rather simple so a simple "stop > move files around > restart" process is all you need. Move things in small chunks and if the internet dies, you narrowed the problem down.