Help related to PVR Simple IPTV

• Hello,

I've been using Kodi since 2017. My hardware is Raspberry Pi. My Kodi journey, which started with Rpi3 in 2017, is still ongoing. However, it's not without its problems.

Lately, I've tested with the following hardware:

LibreElec (version 11.0.6, hardware RPi 5)
    Raspbian on RPi 5 with Kodi installed (installed via apt get command)
    Windows 11 (with the release version provided on the Kodi website)
    Mac OS Sierra (with the release version provided on the Kodi website)
    Xiaomi Mi Box 4K 2nd Gen. Android TV Box (downloaded from Google Play)
    Internet connection:
    Wireless WiFi 5 GHz, Internet Speed Min. 50 Max 75 Mbps.
    Wired connection is impossible due to the conditions of the house.

What I want to do with these devices is:

I want to watch live TV without freezing, without errors, without being kicked out of the stream using PVR IPTV Simple Client. I have an m3u file obtained from an IPTV provider (I've also tried publicly available m3u files provided by channels). When I run this file with another player, for example, VLC player (RPi, Windows, Android, MacOS), IPTV X application (iOS), and other random players, I can watch continuously, without freezing, without the program crashing, without losing audio.

Since 2020, I've encountered various problems with PVR IPTV Simple Client such as freezing, stuttering, buffering and freezing, etc. I've constantly tried to solve the problem by searching the internet. Now I'm curious, does anyone really watch live streams with m3u files without any problems using PVR IPTV Simple Client?

I want Kodi (or LibreElec) because I can send commands via JSON RPC, it's a system where I can put my videos, pictures, music, it has many options, and everyone at home can use it.

I love Kodi, I want to use it. Please, I'm waiting for the guidance of those who want to help.

I know a debug file will be requested. I haven't mentioned sophisticated problems here, but I'm aware. I'm open to the guidance and requests of the community. Therefore, if those who want to help in this topic convey their requests, I will fulfill them immediately, and I hope we can solve the problem together.

I look forward to your help. Thank you in advance.
    (P.S.:As I want help related to RPi and Kodi, this topic is also shared on their own forums.)

• Buffer settings typically cause more problems than they solve and most tweaking articles are written by people with no clue how the underlying code actually works (and has changed in recent times). In short: if your network works, you have no need to tweak buffer settings. If your network doesn't work, fix your network. NB: Long Ethernet cables might not be desirable for normal use but can help triage the problem, i.e. if the problem goes away on Ethernet, the problem is that WiFi is often rubbish, and the solution is to (again) fix the network.

• Hello Chewitt, first of all thank you for your reply. Its very valuable for me! Because i want to solve this issue, and having an answer from experienced user in this community is valuable for me.

Here is my latest debug: https://paste.libreelec.tv/vocal-firefly.log

Actually, I agree with you. Recently I have observed network issues. I am using a Kodi remote on my iPhone 15, and sometimes the remote cannot see the server (kodi/libreelec). As you might see in the debug, the same issue could be the source of my problem. However, I ordered a new modem a few minutes ago. Asus DSL-AX82U has WiFi 6 standard and WPA3 encryption, so RPi5 could be more compatible with it. As I have indicated before, a cable solution is not applicable due to home design. According to my recent research on internet, WiFi 6 could provide as quality as a cable standart. So we might say the network issue will be solved.

I will add here my debug as much as i have. Nevertheless, if you or any experienced user could see my debug in this post and give me some hints or diagnose problem i will be happy.

Thanks for your interest once again.

• Code
    2024-05-01 11:52:09.857 T:1005     info <general>: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Another log at log level 2 please.

Code
    2024-05-01 11:52:09.515 T:1005     info <general>: Local hostname: rpi4

Maybe you should start with an installation from scratch.

• Your log is showing frequent wifi disconnects and reconnects - very likely this is the cause of your issues.

As chewitt already mentioned you have to fix that and likely your problems all will vanish.

If wired lan really isn't an option then use powerline or an external wifi AP configured as a wifi-lan bridge or at least an external wifi dongle (the RPi on-board wifi is known to be quite poor).

so long,

Hias

• Hello all, thanks for your answers!

Another log at log level 2 please.

how can i do that?

Maybe you should start with an installation from scratch.

Why? What makes important to change the name?

If wired lan really isn't an option then use powerline or an external wifi AP configured as a wifi-lan bridge or at least an external wifi dongle (the RPi on-board wifi is known to be quite poor).

I have already tried that. I used an access point, RPi to access point was cable and accespoint to modem was wifi but it didn't work as i expected. Yesterday i have ordered WiFi 6 supported modem, I will try with it but if the problem still persist, i will try to get wifi 6 dongle for RPi. Thank you.

Edit: this is my latest debug report: https://paste.libreelec.tv/valued-wolf.log

Have a great day!

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

Thank you. I will apply those instructions once I arrive to home!

• Hello,

pastekodi command didn't work. I had to go to settings/libreelec/system/paste last crash log. (otherone also didn't work btw)

here is the link: https://paste.libreelec.tv/natural-piglet.log

now I am creating a new image of libreelec with version 12.0.0 for 64 bit RPi5

edit: fresh installed version 12.0.0 Omega RPi5 64 bit debug: https://paste.libreelec.tv/pet-flea.log (I cant watch more than 5 min)

Edited once, last by konrul: fresh installed debug added (May 4, 2024 at 1:37 AM).

• Live TV streams? I think my first RPi was almost 10 years ago. I have yet to find a service that is without an occasional hiccup or stutter. Not only the RPi but my ethernet wired HTPC as well. First and foremost is your ISP speed. All the tweaking in the known universe can't fix a slow or intermittent internet connection. I currently am blessed with 300Mbps wired cable. Filtered through a VPN and roughly half that. I still experience some blips and bumps and freezing. The last time we had stellar TV service was a big ass roof mounted antenna with 7 channels total in the big city. I think we have to acknowledge there are a few limitations with digital service from time to time but it looks like your wifi is job one.

• Code
    AddOnLog: pvr.iptvsimple: pvr.iptvsimple - LoadPlayList - Loaded 84480 channels.

There is no legitimate IPTV service with that number of channels so we don't really need to investigate further. You are reminded of our forum rules.