CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio] (Haffner Serenade III) is not available in audio output devices.

• Good luck to everyone. I have a Tempotec Serenade III sound card on a cmi8788 chip. The card is defined as a multimedia controller, but it is not present in audio output devices. If it's not difficult, add her support.

If there is already a solution, tell me where to look.

Hardware log

03:05.0 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio] [13f6:8788]
    Subsystem: MEDIATEK Corp. CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio] (HiFier Serenade III) [14c3:1713]
    Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 32 (500ns min, 6000ns max)
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 5
    Region 0: I/O ports at e000 [size=256]
    Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)

I'm sorry English is not my native language

• New
    • Official Post

Please boot and run "pastekodi" then share the URL. We enable "CONFIG_SND_OXYGEN=m" in kernel configuration so the drivers for the card exist. Perhaps there is some issue/error in the log?

• This specific soundcard isn't supported in LE (or most other linux distributions).

There's a driver for it in linux https://github.com/torvalds/linux…/se6x.c#L44-L45 but it conflicts with all other Oxygen and Virtuoso soundcards https://github.com/torvalds/linux…onfig#L825-L827

Hence we and other Linux distros can't enable it - but you could build LE yourself, with CONFIG_SND_OXYGEN and CONFIG_SND_VIRTUOSO disabled in projects/Generic/linux/linux.x86_64.conf and CONFIG_SND_SE6X enabled instead.

so long,

Hias

• Thank you very much for the explanation. I have never been involved in kernel assembly.It's going to be difficult for me. But I'll try to figure it out. I'll need the source code. Maybe there is some script for automatic LIBREELEC build? Thanks again.

• And I also looked at the driver you indicated. It lists completely different chips for DACIA. It's for pcm1792a, and I have AK4399. There is a suspicion that luck is not in sight.

• Scratch that, CONFIG_SND_SE6X would be the wrong driver, so recompiling won't help. The problem is that the Serenade III isn't supported (only the Serenade).

so long,

Hias