Fresh 11 install on Chromebox-No Sound, no audio output options

• I was able to successfully get my firmware updated and a fresh install of the generic legacy version of 11 installed but now I have no sound, and the only audio output option is Bluetooth even though Bluetooth is disabled. I’m really unclear what I’m supposed to tweak to fix this.

• Update to LE 12 Beta 2. If the issue persists...

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Chromebox is pretty exotic here, so problems are expected. The kodi.log is at /storage/.kodi/temp. If you can access that folder somehow, upload the log as attachment. We need a log from LE 12 Beta 2.

• Enable persistent logging in LE settings. Enable debug logging in Kodi. Reboot to generate clean logs. Then connect a USB drive and copy logs from the following locations to the USB drive using the Kodi file manager:

/storage/.cache/log/journal/*

/storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Use the LE12 image as the LE11 codebase is now EOL and will not receive fixes (only add-on bumps).

• Then connect a USB drive and copy logs from the following locations to the USB drive using the Kodi file manager:

/storage/.cache/log/journal/*

/storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

I haven’t really used the file manager a ton. Is this something I can do if I plug a mouse in? Like just copy and paste that onto the USB drive?

• Update:

I moved the box to my workstation temporarily to make it easier to perform the steps requested. I re-flashed the same USB drive I’ve been using with the beta version exactly the same way I have the other times. The differences in my temporary desk setup vs how I had it configured on my tv was I have it plugged into the wall directly vs to a surge protector, connected to a monitor via DisplayPort instead of HDMI and the Cat 6 connected directly to a powerline adapter instead of to a gigabit switch connected to a powerine adapter. The boot process this time was extremely fast, borderline instantaneous compared to the previous attempts where the boot screen just sat there for around 5-10 minutes before the install menu showed up. After rebooting into LibreElec I kid you not, everything is working. The network is working, the sound is working, all the sound outputs show up in the menu. I’m kind of dumbfounded. The only other thing that’s a little weird is under the audio outputs there is an ALSA: HDA Intel, HDMI #1 and #2 option even though the Chromebox only has one HDMI port. I didn’t do any logs or anything because I’m not recreating the problems I’m having. Not sure what all this means, but I’m going to try to set everything up and try to use as many of the same pieces as I can and I’ll let you all know if I continue to have any issues. Thanks for everyone’s help.