Posts by docsuess84

I'm in the process of adding an additional device to our Kodi network. I have a Dell Chromebook 11 and a FLIRC just sitting here collecting dust and I was wondering if I can repurpose it as a Kodi box for my kid's room. My Asus M004U Chromebox running LibreElec has been my favorite old-faithful performer of all my devices for several years and was just curious if Chromebooks run it in a similar way. If I can use it, will the Chromebox EZ Script still work?

Hi all, I have a Chromebox that was performing flawlessly until I upgraded to the latest version of LibreElec with Leia. Since then, all my DVD rips seem choppy, especially on fast motion portions of movies and shows. I have all hardware acceleration enabled. Is there any other setting I should be looking at? I haven’t changed anything in my settings other than upgrading the OS itself. Thank you. As a comparison, I went to my other setup which is a Pi3 running OSMC and DVD rips play as a they should.

I have an Asus Chromebox running LibreElec. I recently added a WDMyBook device locally via USB on the Chromebox itself. It worked perfectly for several weeks with no need for any modification. I was able to access it locally via the Kodi interface under the root file system under media, as well as over my network with my laptop. My daughter went to watch a movie today and it states the file couldn’t be found. The entire drive and it’s contents are gone. It won’t show up in Kodi, or via the network on my laptop. It works fine when I unplug it from the Chromebox and and plug it directly into my laptop and all the files are still there and function, so it doesn’t seem to be an issue with the drive itself. Rebooted the Chromebox, and reset the drive but nothing works. I just moved a ton of media onto this thing. Any ideas?

Hey all,

I have the latest version of Libreelec running on a Raspberry Pi 3. Movies play flawlessly but when I try to watch ripped 1080p tv episodes it stutters and looks like it's playing in slow motion. I have a Chromebox upstairs with an identical version of Libreelec and they play fine. Any ideas on what I need to adjust in the settings? I'm stumped.

In a previous thread I was getting some help with updating and doing some spring cleaning first. Once I open a terminal and stop Kodi, what commands do I use in order to clean out the temp files and anything else I need to clean?

Hi all,

I apologize if this isn't the right forum but here it goes. I'm currently running Version 7 on an Asus Chromebox. When I go to upgrade to Krypton, every version of the tar file behaves similarly. It starts to download, gets about 20% complete, and then freezes and forces me to reboot. I'm told space might be the issue. If that's the case I was thinking about doing a fresh install. Before I do that, I was curious about a few things.

1. Can I back up my two profiles and their respective settings from Jarvis and have them carry over to Krypton?

2. Would I use the USB SD creator in order to create something to boot from?

3. I'm familiar with using the Chromebox automated script to put Libreelec on a stock Chromebox, but how would I boot from a USB drive with Libreelec already on it?

Thanks eveyone.

Hi everyone. I just finished making my Raspberry Pi HTPC but I’m unsure about what the optimal audio settings are for my set up. My Chromebox upstairs is simple enough. I bitstream to a receiver and let that handle the decoding. My set up in our room is the Pi is connected to a Samsung TV connected to an LG 2.1 soundbar via optical cable. Do I set up the Pi to downmix to stereo or bitstream to the TV and soundbar? The TV is only capable of stereo output over optical anyway so I wasn’t sure what should do what.