Long Press on TV Remote not bringing up RightClick?

• Hello ,

i have sort of question / request (if not already implemented)

when using LibreElec now it would function also with the normal TV Remote which is a very nice feature, thank you very much for that.

Now there are some situation were i still would need the keyboard;

there are some files, which i would play after bringing up "Play" Command via RightClick or longPress of Enter on Keyboard.

this would be needed for .iso files or .dvdmedia.

now , with the remote this seem not function;

when i "longpress" Enter on REmote, it would just go through the file structure,

maybe this is just a limitation of that specific remote, if not, please take it into account.

• Go to Best Answer
  • There is an addon where you can define your TV remote buttons, forgot the name.

I made the file gen.xml in the keymaps folder and used the red button for the context menu, yellow as home and blue for queue.

<keymap><global>
    <keyboard>
    <key id="251">contextmenu</key>
    <key id="253">activatewindow(home)</key>
    <key id="254">activatewindow(videoplaylist)</key>
    /keyboard>
    </global></keymap>

• insulator thank you,

my remote also has red, yellow, blue buttons, but those seem not active under libreelec , even after i install add-on (maybe this is the one you are referring to?)

Add-on:Keymap Editor - Official Kodi Wiki

and putting the keymap you shared as gen.xml into

/storage/.kodi/userdata/

Keymap - Official Kodi Wiki

maybe for the remote another key-id is needed, but how could i read the proper id out, if the remote is just a tv remote with no usb dongle?

the tv is a low-end sharp ().

• New
    • Best Answer

gen.xml must be copied to userdata/keymaps folder, but probably your remote control needs different codes?

yes, it was this addon, but it is not easy to understand how it works, when I remember correctly.

Try to find contextmenu in the addon somewhere, than you have to press the button on the remote and save the settings.